Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Buddy

IMAG0480.jpg
I'm sad to report one of the 4 pugs Fu Manchu passed away peacefully in his sleep. He was 9 years old. Here is a picture of him at a party, telling a joke about a giraffe who walked into a bar.
He was going to make a return visit to Florida next month, even though it's Brutus' turn. He was so well-loved by everyone who met him and well-behaved that I cheated and made an exception, after my uncle suspected Fu Manchu was my favorite and I didn't think I had a favorite.

Sisu

New in Town
Meet Keke DF'N Cat Pants:
ke2.jpg

n501783734_2017930_6618.jpg

And this is Kimberly Jujubee.
n501783734_2017934_7934.jpg

n501783734_1732292_9911.jpg

These are some bunnies that had their mommy hit by a car, so I fed them and helped them grow big and strong.

bunny1.jpg

bunny2.jpg

bunny3.jpg

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
BegintheBeguine said:
I'm sad to report one of the 4 pugs Fu Manchu passed away peacefully in his sleep. He was 9 years old. Here is a picture of him at a party, telling a joke about a giraffe who walked into a bar.
He was going to make a return visit to Florida next month, even though it's Brutus' turn. He was so well-loved by everyone who met him and well-behaved that I cheated and made an exception, after my uncle suspected Fu Manchu was my favorite and I didn't think I had a favorite.
It's so sad that Fu Manchu died.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Sisu, this was probably the first appearance of the world harbl on the Fedora Lounge.
harbl ( har' bəl ) n. 1. A reproductive organ, usu. of a cat, esp. a male cat. 2. The crotchal region, esp. of a cat. Also harbls.

Story

I'll Lock Up
In a world where bad news is a constant..

..figured this would be appreciated.
(Sept. 8) - A stray pooch who got a helping hand from a Canadian family more than repaid the favor when he saved the family's 2-year-old son in the Yukon wilderness.
The British Columbia family, whose name was withheld at their request, took the yellow dog under their wing after encountering him on their trek through the bush. The scruffy-looking mongrel had porcupine quills sticking out of his snout, and the family tried to help him by pulling some out, The Globe and Mail newspaper reported.
Last Thursday, as the parents were setting up a trailer in the evening, their 2-year-old son, Kale, disappeared wearing only a T-shirt. News of a missing boy triggered a full-scale search involving rescue professionals and many local volunteers.
Rescue parties located Kale more than 24 hours after he vanished. With him was the stray dog, who had kept the little boy warm by cuddling with him during the damp, cool night and protected him in the bear-infested woods.

http://www.gnn.com/article/pooch-saves-boy-lost-in-wilderness/660171?icid=main|main|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gnn.com%2Farticle%2Fpooch-saves-boy-lost-in-wilderness%2F660171

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
"Kale"?

kale.jpg

Back to topic, I have a YouTube for kitty cat people who are missing their animal (mine's 1200 miles away). Click play and let the great Gazoo administer his purr therapy.
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u38xZsCTCOY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u38xZsCTCOY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Back to topic, I have a YouTube for kitty cat people who are missing their animal (mine's 1200 miles away). Click play and let the great Gazoo administer his purr therapy.
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u38xZsCTCOY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u38xZsCTCOY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

awwwwwwwwwwww :D :D :D ... that is simply adorable!:eusa_clap

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Story said:
..figured this would be appreciated.
(Sept. 8) - A stray pooch who got a helping hand from a Canadian family more than repaid the favor when he saved the family's 2-year-old son in the Yukon wilderness.
The British Columbia family, whose name was withheld at their request, took the yellow dog under their wing after encountering him on their trek through the bush. The scruffy-looking mongrel had porcupine quills sticking out of his snout, and the family tried to help him by pulling some out, The Globe and Mail newspaper reported.
Last Thursday, as the parents were setting up a trailer in the evening, their 2-year-old son, Kale, disappeared wearing only a T-shirt. News of a missing boy triggered a full-scale search involving rescue professionals and many local volunteers.
Rescue parties located Kale more than 24 hours after he vanished. With him was the stray dog, who had kept the little boy warm by cuddling with him during the damp, cool night and protected him in the bear-infested woods.

http://www.gnn.com/article/pooch-saves-boy-lost-in-wilderness/660171?icid=main|main|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gnn.com%2Farticle%2Fpooch-saves-boy-lost-in-wilderness%2F660171

If mankind could live up to our dogs, we'd be a better species...

Grant Fan

Practically Family
ok I am going to share now

Here is my dog Bear (he passed 3 years ago my parents got him for me when I was 7). I addopted him and he already knew his name I wasn't goign to change it.
babybear-1.jpg

Here is my kitty Jitterbug (he was poisoned by the kids up the street 2 years ago)
JitterbugSmall.jpg

and this is Bogart (yes like Humphrey) He is 5 now and he is the sweetest boy ever (he is technically my mother's but he prefers me)
Family040.jpg

random017.jpg

BogartSmall.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Grant Fan, BtB, (and all other Flers who have lost beloved animals pals), so sorry about that pet-shaped hole in the heart.
This is my darling Torix (and my daughter), who was poisoned by the most bigoted, horrendous white trash neighbors I've ever had the misfortune to encounter, not long after the photo was taken. I'll never forget him.
3210885823_5e4aa61a21.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Congrats on the pug. Missy sounds like a cute name.
Naming your pet should not be left to strangers. :)

Here is our pug Miles. He is six months old.
Picture2291.jpg

Miles is a beauty! Congratulations! :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Grant and TheseFlishThings: It is very sad that at this late date there is still such deeply instilled prejudice against cats. Usually it's folks with feudal instincts about their property, but most of them wouldn't dream of shooting a dog who wandered over the fence line.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
You're right, Fletch. These people, when I met them, bragged about how their dog would roam several blocks away, looking for cats to kill. I caught their two children siccing the dog on my cat one morning; a cat who was lying in a chair on my porch. I shudder to think what beasts those children have probably grown into all these years later.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran