Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
The apartments I live in say "No Pets Allowed," but the owner doesn't mind caged pets. So I keep birds and reptiles. Truly, my birds are my kids. I just love them so much. I have two rescued parrots: Phaedra, a green cheek conure, and Tango, a Quaker parrot. Phaedra came from a miserable situation, and still isn't good with strangers, other animals, or funny looking things like cameras, but she's a million times better than when she first came to me. Tango, on the other hand, is my little clown. He loves everyone, gets on great with kids and animals, and chatters away whenever there's someone to listen. Here he is "playing" with my friend's labrador, Charlie:

PC200043-1.jpg
PC200040-1.jpg

Charlie and Tango enjoying some sunshine

PC200047-1.jpg

Marcus

A-List Customer
We lost our droopy/drooly face Mastiff this past week. With big dogs come problems and is heart just couldn't do what it needed to do.

Marcus said:
biggiefront.jpg

With every end there is a beginning. Meet our new babies, Panzer and Jager. Two 14 week old German Shepherd brothers of a German bloodline. As per Federal Law, I am required to show them off ;):

IMG00260-20100417-1732.jpg

IMG00256-20100417-1700.jpg

IMG00282-20100418-1353.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Marcus said:
We lost our droopy/drooly face Mastiff this past week. With big dogs come problems and is heart just couldn't do what it needed to do.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of such a beautiful dog as Marcus - I'm sure he brought you much joy and love with that gorgeous face.

Congrats on the two new handsome and clearly active pups - German Shepherds are are great dogs!!

Marcus said:

Marcus said:

Our deepest condolincess and for your cosideration:

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All of the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

Author Unknown

MCPRE

Familiar Face
Marcus said:

Sad news, I just met a friend at the local dog park, he had a 1 year old Fr Mastiff. My Am Bulldog is 10 1/2 and I took her there for the first time, I always feared she would be a little unfriendly to other dogs, even though she is a big sweetheart. To my surprise she "slowly" walked all over greeting everyone that she could, I was so proud of her. She too is long in the tooth and a little weak in her back legs so I can relate to your pain. Nice pups, I also have a youngster now too! Hang in there, check out a book by Mark Levin called Rescuing Sprite, easy read for dog lovers in the time of their grief. He looked pretty young?

Chillin' at camp
4536486516_41b96caf69.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
Marcus
Sorry for the loss of your mastiff but congratulations on the 2 GSPs, I have had 6 over the years and they are my all time favorite breed. Nothing better than a GSP with their people. My last German Shepherd, Cammie was a part of my life for almost 16 years, she was also a german bred, less problems physically than the american breds. They are a good looking pair and great names.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Puzzicato said:
Mastiffs are such beautiful dogs - I'm really sorry for your loss.

snow191209.jpg
1812092.jpg
this is my beautiful Urchin. She's 19 months old and beginning to get the classic Maine Coon build.

What a lovely girl.
Maine Coons are wonderful sturdy cats with a lot of Catitude.
My Samantha will be 15 next month and she's still gorgeous.
435185246_f7fa14cc79_m.jpg

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Andrew! We, too, have a greyhound and a border collie. I'd love a second grey, but we just don't have enough sofas! But our grey and BC are perfectly suited to each other (the BC is older, and thus chilled out a good deal of the time, which suits a sleeping grey!).

Our grey is black and white, though, so we have a matched set! But I LOVE those brindles! Wow!

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Puzzicato said:
Cooncatbob - Samantha is stunning! She obviously gets groomed much more carefully than my grubby monster.

Roller Tine comb.
If the Maine Coon has a fault it's the need for regular grooming, they will develop mats which can grow to gigantic proportions in a very short amount of time.
These mats can get very dense and if they're allowed to form on the britches they can cause very bad problems.
My ex used to hold Samantha while I buzzed her britches with the clipper.
Now that I'm alone I have to take her to a local groomer for a bath and dematting.
In her golden years she's gotten to where if I even start tugging on any mats and she takes off.

Big_e

Practically Family
Here is Blinky, my MinPin. As a small pup, when I checked my emails and go to the Fedora Lounge, he liked to climb on my shoulder and nap.
Now that he's older, he still does. Pretty soon, we'd both end up napping (it's a comfortable chair).
Ernest

Picture515.jpg

Puzzicato

One Too Many
cooncatbob said:
Roller Tine comb.
If the Maine Coon has a fault it's the need for regular grooming, they will develop mats which can grow to gigantic proportions in a very short amount of time.
These mats can get very dense and if they're allowed to form on the britches they can cause very bad problems.
My ex used to hold Samantha while I buzzed her britches with the clipper.
Now that I'm alone I have to take her to a local groomer for a bath and dematting.
In her golden years she's gotten to where if I even start tugging on any mats and she takes off.

I'd post a picture of the matts I cut off her tummy recently, but it is too embarrassing. My husband and I tend to tagteam like that - one holds and one cuts out the mats. Buzzing the britches sounds like a good plan! I'll have a look at the roller tine comb, thank you!

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
our new puppy!

this is my very first pet. had dogs as a kid but they belonged to my grandma so they were not all mine. so this is my first time being a new puppy mommy. got him at 12 weeks old he is now 4 months old. His name is DODGER after our fave baseball team.
4188a41f018f.jpg

61c8092a4486.jpg

dc094749bc7d.jpg

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Greyhounds

I just found this thread for a second time. The first time I didn't really know how to post pictures. BUT, now I think I have it.

Nudge and Tootie (who is now waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge).

31206_113005452068823_100000781072479_77965_6423510_n.jpg

Mustang and Nudge sleeping together on the sofa.

31206_113005458735489_100000781072479_77966_1221432_n.jpg

Mustang hogging the couch by himself.

31206_113005465402155_100000781072479_77967_1878420_n.jpg

Nudge getting some love from Mama.

31206_113005472068821_100000781072479_77968_5377438_n.jpg

Nudge and Tootie with Mama.

31206_113005482068820_100000781072479_77969_2699398_n.jpg

I'm so excited I finally learned how to post picks. I could do this all night but it's time to give the kids a bath!!!:D

davestlouis

Practically Family
My little Boston Terrorist won't sit still long enough to get a good pic. Dozer is 14 Lbs of attitude, all wrapped up in a cute little package. He snores, his tongue sticks out so her looks mentally challenged, he poops ON MY BEDROOM WALL somehow when he wants attention, and he is a general pain in the behind, but I wouldn't trade him for a million bucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran