Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I brought my cat, Steel home from Gary Works, January 1st 2002. I took him out the gate in an air filter box. When I got him home, he was a tanish colour. My sister went to pet him & her had was filthy. Three washings later, he is almost all black.
One of my cats came by way of an ex who rescued him off the streets of Milwaukee, where she was living at the time. It was in a parking lot of a Chinese restaurant on an arctic cold winter night that they first met. After picking up her carry out order she was opening the car door when she heard a faint meow . She looked all around and under the car but found no cat so she opened the car door again only to hear another meow which was emanating from the area around the left front tire. Low and behold she finds a tiny gray kitten sitting on top of the tire, in the wheel well, trying to keep warm next to the still hot engine.

So she takes this cute gray kitten home, gives him a nice big bowl of cream, eats her Chinese food and then goes to bed. She awakens the next morning to find a white kitten sitting on her chest and staring into her eyes. Seems the kitten had spent the whole night cleaning himself up.

It's doubtful that Mr. Kitty would have survived that night on the streets with the below zero temp but through a chance meeting in the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant he went on to live just over 20 years, surrounded by love and affection. :)

DNO

One Too Many
Time for my beast to join the lounge.

Here's Mulder (named by my X-files fan of a son) rescued 12 years ago from the Humane Society. We should have called him 50% because they charged us 1/2 price due to his heart murmur. Murmur or not, he still going strong and is the most gentle cat I've ever encountered. The only scratches we've ever had have been accidental. He's murder on the local mouse population, but totally harmless for people and birds. (Never caught a bird...their ability to fly seems to totally baffle him.)

So, here he is, waiting for us to get home.

cat2.jpg

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Pet owners for the most part take much better care of their pets then when I was a child so they live longer happier lives, they are usually taken by disease.
Since they live longer they become even more a part of our lives and it's just devastating when they become sick and old, fortunately we offer mercy to our fur children that's not allowed to our human family.
In May my beloved Samantha was stricken by cancer 5 days after her 16th birthday, the only merciful thing to do was to let her go and she died in my arms knowing that her Papa loved her more then life.
I have a lot of regrets but ending her pain and suffering isn't one of them.
I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Time for my beast to join the lounge.

Here's Mulder (named by my X-files fan of a son) rescued 12 years ago from the Humane Society. We should have called him 50% because they charged us 1/2 price due to his heart murmur. Murmur or not, he still going strong and is the most gentle cat I've ever encountered. The only scratches we've ever had have been accidental. He's murder on the local mouse population, but totally harmless for people and birds. (Never caught a bird...their ability to fly seems to totally baffle him.)

So, here he is, waiting for us to get home.

cat2.jpg

Gorgeous!

A M'waukee cat, eh? Does he ends his sentences in aina?

One of my cats came by way of an ex who rescued him off the streets of Milwaukee, where she was living at the time. It was in a parking lot of a Chinese restaurant on an arctic cold winter night that they first met. After picking up her carry out order she was opening the car door when she heard a faint meow . She looked all around and under the car but found no cat so she opened the car door again only to hear another meow which was emanating from the area around the left front tire. Low and behold she finds a tiny gray kitten sitting on top of the tire, in the wheel well, trying to keep warm next to the still hot engine.

So she takes this cute gray kitten home, gives him a nice big bowl of cream, eats her Chinese food and then goes to bed. She awakens the next morning to find a white kitten sitting on her chest and staring into her eyes. Seems the kitten had spent the whole night cleaning himself up.

It's doubtful that Mr. Kitty would have survived that night on the streets with the below zero temp but through a chance meeting in the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant he went on to live just over 20 years, surrounded by love and affection. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran