Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

A2CB9A41-221D-488E-AFCA-4F01C840E22E.jpeg

It’s with a heavy heart that I relay news of the passing of “Iseleta” (“Izzah da Bizzah de Boom de Boom”) on this, her 15th birthday. After a day of no interest in eating I could see that she could not find a comfortable position to lay in and there were a few moments of pain. She passed away in her sleep nestled against my chest early this morning. She will be greatly missed.

She was preceded in death by her sister "Wookie", her brother “Brown Poodle”, her favorite aunt “Buffy” (“Fatty McFaterson”) and a nephew “Mojo”.

She is survived by her loving human parents, sisters and brother. Her furry sisters “Ava” and “Bear Scout”. And eight furry nieces who will miss their “Aunt B.”.

I will miss you my sweet baby girl.

BAD2EBF7-5DE9-43BF-BA27-E30AA163B90F.jpeg

4FB96BFB-9FE4-441D-9B62-E0BC05EE9885.jpeg

BB16C276-9D3D-4C61-9198-7E3B4DAE03CA.jpeg

4DE2AED6-3F4D-4F3C-BF4D-F0547C007622.jpeg

655B810C-235A-431F-9246-438F744745F6.jpeg

6A902368-772C-482E-866A-5D6CB8CB1A1F.jpeg

3837CD02-712A-4E62-978B-B1B08F9FAB9A.jpeg

0DFA6661-DA89-428B-BADD-A453B78B1887.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s with a heavy heart that I relay news of the passing of “Iseleta” (“Izzah da Bizzah de Boom de Boom”) on this, her 15th birthday. After a day of no interest in eating I could see that she could not find a comfortable position to lay in and there were a few moments of pain. She passed away in her sleep nestled against my chest early this morning. She will be greatly missed.

She was preceded in death by her brother “Brown Poodle”, her favorite aunt “Buffy” (“Fatty McFaterson”) and a nephew “Mojo”.

She is survived by her loving human parents, sisters and brother. Her furry sisters “Ava” and “Bear Scout”. And eight furry nieces who will miss their “Aunt B.”.

View attachment 444614

View attachment 444616

View attachment 444618

View attachment 444617

View attachment 444619

View attachment 444613

View attachment 444615

View attachment 444620
I am sorry for your loss, Bob

She was preceded in death by her brother “Brown Poodle”, her favorite aunt “Buffy” (“Fatty McFaterson”) and a nephew “Mojo”.

View attachment 444614

View attachment 444616

View attachment 444618

View attachment 444617

View attachment 444619

View attachment 444613

View attachment 444615

View attachment 444620

So sorry, Bob. I know she meant a lot to you.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 444614

View attachment 444616

View attachment 444618

View attachment 444617

View attachment 444619

View attachment 444613

View attachment 444615

View attachment 444620
So very sorry for you Bob and your family.
The hole they leave in your heart and soul never really closes. Man’s best friend is such an understatement.

Willow went to the beach for the first time recently. A big deal for her. One of the first things she told me was that Faith, whom we lost recently after 14 years, was there with her playing.
My eyes teared. They never really leave us.
Again, so sorry my friend.
B

Woodtroll

One Too Many

View attachment 444614

View attachment 444616

View attachment 444618

View attachment 444617

View attachment 444619

View attachment 444613

View attachment 444615

View attachment 444620

So very sorry to hear this, Bob. Pets really are part of the family. 15 years is a good run, though, and from the photos you've posted over the years it is very apparent she had a good home and was well loved, and I'm sure she knew this.

GHT

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 444614

View attachment 444616

View attachment 444618

View attachment 444617

View attachment 444619

View attachment 444613

View attachment 444615

View attachment 444620
Bob, in all sincerity, my heart bleeds for you. Animal lovers know that a beloved pet really is a surrogate kid. Of course we know that children are very important, but nonetheless a beautiful dog, a beloved cat, how we adore and treasure them.
Take comfort from the fact that Iseleta passed away in her sleep nestled against your chest. Loved and trusted by the one who has fed and loved her. It could so easily have been at the end of the vet's syringe.

The reason that I say that is because we said farewell to Khandi just two weeks ago, and I am not ashamed to say, the tears still flow.
lulu-la-belle.jpg

View attachment 444614

View attachment 444616

View attachment 444618

View attachment 444617

View attachment 444619

View attachment 444613

View attachment 444615

View attachment 444620
So sorry to hear it, Bob. My sympathies to all of y'all. I well know how important a part of the family the pups can be.

Bob, in all sincerity, my heart bleeds for you. Animal lovers know that a beloved pet really is a surrogate kid. Of course we know that children are very important, but nonetheless a beautiful dog, a beloved cat, how we adore and treasure them.
Take comfort from the fact that Iseleta passed away in her sleep nestled against your chest. Loved and trusted by the one who has fed and loved her. It could so easily have been at the end of the vet's syringe.

The reason that I say that is because we said farewell to Khandi just two weeks ago, and I am not ashamed to say, the tears still flow.
View attachment 444678
So sorry for you and the missus. The cats are a part of the family, too. Any loss of a loved one is hard

View attachment 444678
Robert, I am so sorry… to you and the missus. What a beauty Khandi was

GHT

I'll Lock Up
^^^^^ Thanks everyone. It means a lot.

Robert -- Sorry to you and your wife for the loss of Khandi.
Robert, I am so sorry… to you and the missus. What a beauty Khandi was
So sorry for you and the missus. The cats are a part of the family, too. Any loss of a loved one is hard
Thank you all so very much. The Lounge is always so inspirational, but in times of tears, it's such a comfort, I am so touched by all of your responses of sympathy. It is much appreciated.

Woodtroll

One Too Many

View attachment 444678
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved pet. She was a beauty! I never considered myself a "cat person", but about 5 years ago we rescued a cat that was supposed to be a barn cat for us, but she was so loving that she turned herself into a pet. We lost her just a couple of weeks ago to an animal attack, and I find myself missing her much more than I thought I would. Like some people, pets sometimes attach themselves to us in ways we don't expect, and we turn out the better for it.

It’s with a heavy heart that I relay news of the passing of “Iseleta” (“Izzah da Bizzah de Boom de Boom”) on this, her 15th birthday. After a day of no interest in eating I could see that she could not find a comfortable position to lay in and there were a few moments of pain. She passed away in her sleep nestled against my chest early this morning. She will be greatly missed...
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Bob. We who truly appreciate our "pets" as members of the family know how hard it is when this happens, but you know the sadness will fade and happy memories of her will generate smiles and laughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch