Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lovely Ladies of the Fedora Lounge

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
ive been a member of the fedora lounge for a little while and this being the Observation Lounge. I thought i will observe something...

im 22, and girls of my generation ive found to be very fickle when it comes to guys, maybe im being too picky in my choice of girls i associate with, but ive always found it very hard to find girls that are into the vintage fashion, but yet i find my self more attracted to those types of girls, mainly because i can have an intelligent convorsation about the things that i am into without coming off as "weird":(

i would love to find a girl that is as quirky as me. (im sorry im rambling)

my point of this thread is to see if there are anyone else out there that feels the same way that i do. idk, maybe i live in the wrong state (texas)[huh]

ive just noticed how many lovely, lovely ladies we have on this forum;)[huh]

Alex

Practically Family
Hey man I'll back you on this! It would be great to find a swell vintage girl.
Sorry, probably not the comment you were looking for :eek:hwell:

It would be great to find a vintage gal. I don't connect to well with 'modern women' and understandably so. My life's a time capsule lol Not to mention that the vintage style women have so much more class, and knowledge! Brains are so important. That's just my 2 cents.

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
I've never met a person who found vintage styling cooky. Most people I know appreciate when I take time or the guys take time to dress up and there are plenty of history buffs. Then again, I DO live in souther california :eek:
My boyfriend doesn't care much for a vintage anything but he is pretty quirky himself :D

swinggal

One Too Many
I'd like to find a man with vintage style too. I spent a fair bit of time in LA last year and it has a big vintage scene, more-so than most other places in the world. But dating within a 'scene' has its issues too and I'm not sure if I would want that. Eg, if you split you are still in one another's faces all the time and I've seen it time and time again. I am a swing dancer here and you do find people who like vintage in the swing dance scene - but I haven't met any that suit me in a long time. Plus, I have dated in the dance 'scene' before and it only lead to problems. I just wish I could find someone like me who wasn't part of my social scene.

I'm sure if I lived in LA for instance, I wouldn't have a problem finding someone in the scene there to date. Just not enough people into what I like here. I don't HAVE to be with a vintage guy at all, doesn't bother me if I'm not, but intelligence and an interest in history go a long way.

I don't find people into vintage 'cooky' either. Just well informed historians usually who don't need to be 'the same as everyone else' which usually means being quite a strong person.

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
thank you to all that posted, i honestly thought i felt alone in this.

Swinggal,I understand your point about dating within a "scene", it is hard to find someone that likes the same things that you are into without them being "just like you"
of course you have drama wherever you go

Berlin, it sounds to me like we are on opposite ends of the spectrum

thanks again to all that posted, it does make me feel better that there are people out there that feel the same

i hope we can all find someone:D

Puzzicato

One Too Many
im 22, and girls of my generation ive found to be very fickle when it comes to guys, maybe im being too picky in my choice of girls i associate with, but ive always found it very hard to find girls that are into the vintage fashion, but yet i find my self more attracted to those types of girls, mainly because i can have an intelligent convorsation about the things that i am into without coming off as "weird":(

Take some advice from your aunty Puzzicato - give yourself time. My husband and I have very different hobbies and interests, but we have intelligent (sometimes - very silly more often) conversations about our stuff because we each like each other enough to be interested in the conversation. He doesn't really get how I dress, or a lot of the stuff I am interested in, but he totally understands my appreciation for craftsmanship. I don't share his hobbies (fly fishing, bonsai, the various agencies putting satellites into space) but I am intrigued and mesmerised by how his mind works and the care he puts into stuff.

And frankly, most of the boys I was attracted to when I was 22 were (Such Language! -HJ). I needed to grow up and know myself before I could meet the right person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drappa

One Too Many
Ditto to everything Puzzicato said!
I think it would be quite rare to meet someone not only with similar interests, but someone you also click with (and the two don't necessarily go hand in hand) so early on in life. I didn't meet my husband until I was 29, but then it was like a lightbulb moment. We don't have the same hobbies or even similar diets, but a mutual respect for each other's interests and a whole lotta love, which is good enough for me :)
Don't forget that even non-vintage girls are just trying to find life and love, just like you, for themselves. The fact that they aren't into vintage doesn't necessarily mean they are less intelligent or more fickle. Some may be, but there are tons of non-vintage people who are fascinating and intelligent once you get to know them.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And frankly, most of the boys I was attracted to when I was 22 were (Such Language! -HJ). I needed to grow up and know myself before I could meet the right person.

Touché! lol

And, DoolittleRaider,
If you really want to meet some "Lovely Ladies of the Fedora Lounge" you should properly introduce yourself via private message to the lady of your interest...
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Odalisque

A-List Customer
I think wanting to find someone who shares your interests in universal- be it vintage fashion, football or I don't know...herding cats.
While I don't discount a man simply because he doesn't wear a lid, I do find myself wishing I could meet a guy with at least vintage aesthetics. He doesn't have to be hardcore into vintage (cause god knows I'm not) but an interest in the lifestyle would be nice.

I know some cities in the US (LA, Austin, TX and NYC in particular) have enviable vintage scenes. But it seems like they are really the exception rather then the rule. In my city of 2 million people (!), I've only run across another gal in vintage maybe 4 times. And a vintage guy? I can't ever remember a time.
So, don't feel bad- I think most of us are in the same boat. And you're doing just what you ought to be at 22- looking around, dating some girls and pinning down what traits you want in your future lady.
You can also keep an eye on the Events section to see if folks near you are meeting up. It's a great way to meet other vintage minded people in person.

djd

Practically Family
The curse of the Internet is that twenty years ago you wouldn't have known the kindred spirits were out there. Now you know but you still don't know any of them. Perhaps ignorance IS bliss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner