Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lucky Strikes

johnnyelvis

New in Town
Do you smoke them? I've recently gave them a shot for (bartender edit - language please!) giggles and must say they are great. I usually would switch from camel lights and camel unfiltered...do they still make Lucky filters?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I smoke original Camels. Can't beat the quality of their tobacco. Recently, though, I ran across a store selling unfiltered Luckys. They were OK. Smooth but not as much flavor as I'm used to. Don't know about Lucky filtered. :)

The only place you can buy them around here is at what we call the 'reservation' a native owned place in Wisconsin Dells. I like them fine, just don't like them enough to trek to the Dells for smokes.

I, like my father, started on Newports, but they got too expensive and I switched to Basic Menthols.

Unca Dusty

Familiar Face
Dean Martini

In the beautiful bar at the St. Paul Hotel they used to serve a gorgeous martini called the Dean Martini. It was a huge, dry gin drink, poured into a birdbath martini glass with little flecks ice floating on top. Anyway, there was no garnish--it was served with a Lucky Strike cig and book of matches. Almost enough to make me start smoking...

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
When i smoked it was only filtered Luckys, loved 'um. You can't get them anymore to my knowledge, once a friend told me they were going to stop selling the filtered Lucky's we trekked to every obscure liquor store in 15 miles buying up what stock they had. I still ask every now and then, no one has them.

Chainsaw

Suspended
Had a pack or two before. Not bad. I liked the odd pack of Camels when I was in high school though, lights were my favorite, with the filters broke off. If you want smooth, you gotta try Canadian Du Maurie. They have to have the best cigarette ever made.

Oh yeah, they have their own Jazz festival too.

ex812

Familiar Face
They discontinued Lucky Strike Filtered and Lights about 2 years ago. All that is left are the Original Luckies. I still partake in a pack every now and then. LSMFT

Tiller

Practically Family
Well I'd like to get a carton for my uncle's birthday, which is coming up in November. He said he used to smoke them a few decades ago, and wanted to have some again, but I haven't found them anywhere. Supposedly they aren't shipped to the US anymore. If that's true it's a shame, because I don't know of any safe place to buy cigarettes from overseas online that is safe. Supposedly the place to buy them now is Switzerland. Who'd of guessed lol.

Blueworm

New in Town
Lucky strike filters are readily available in Spain, and they have just launched lucky strike hand rolling tobacco.

Steveb1

Familiar Face
I have been smoking Luckies for a couple of years

I smoke original Lucky Strikes. There is a pack in my pocket right now and I'm getting ready to burn one. They are, by far, the smoothest non-filter cigarette on the market.

LSMFT - Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco
"It's Toasted"

Warrussia

New in Town
I started smoking lucky strikes this year, RJ renolds makes them in winston-salem,nc. I buy them by the carton, I used to smoke filtered but found I much prefer unfiltered. I get them at JR cigar in statesville, if your looking to buy they sell them by the carton for $50. Just look them up and give them a call, I know they ship cigars for cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch