Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Diet-Coke and Paul Mason's UK: lost, divided and alone, Le Monde, July 2016
Brexit and its consequence. Surprise vote, hoped it would not happen.:eek:

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I had--and you're going to think I'm weird--a sandwich of buttered bread, roast "beef" slices, homemade BBQ sauce, and french fried onions. Yes, I am a strange one.

I had--and you're going to think I'm weird--a sandwich of buttered bread, roast "beef" slices, homemade BBQ sauce, and french fried onions. Yes, I am a strange one.

My girlfriend introduced me to french fries or fried onion rings as a "condiment" on a sandwich - I was skeptical until I tried it. Your sandwich sounds awesome.

Oh, come on Trenchfriend, based on many of your other food posts, there is no way it's simply called "mac 'n' cheese" in Germany and not something like "good old noodles and cream milk?" All in good fun - sincerely - but I still crack up at "milk-rice" which, I believe, we call "rice pudding." Either way, I think you consume about a gallon of that stuff a week.

Oh, come on Trenchfriend, based on many of your other food posts, there is no way it's simply called "mac 'n' cheese" in Germany and not something like "good old noodles and cream milk?" All in good fun - sincerely - but I still crack up at "milk-rice" which, I believe, we call "rice pudding." Either way, I think you consume about a gallon of that stuff a week.

+ soup.
Someone send him a juicy T-bone...:D

Falafel from a new place near where I work. It was top shelf. The shawarma looked impressive too. I'll definately be stopping back there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Falafel from a new place near where I work. It was top shelf. The shawarma looked impressive too. I'll definately be stopping back there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Man, good call. I love falafel. We have a place down the street that makes some really good ones.

Arbys roast beef sandwich for me today.

Chocolate. (To be read, "Chocolate, period.) I've been focused on work - staring at my computer all morning - noticed it was later than usual but I wasn't really hungry for lunch proper, but needed something - chocolate to the rescue.

I made myself a glass of U-Bet Chocolate milk and had a hand full of chocolate malt balls and chocolate-covered marshmallows.

Probably a nutritionally horrible "lunch," but I didn't want anything else and I enjoyed it.

Half a box of Milk Duds. That's even worse, but I need the energy.

I believe it was discussed in another FL thread that there was a time when a candy bar was promoted as a quick meal substitute / an energy pick-me-up.

Today we analyze every health aspect of something to death. Sure, you don't want to eat candy for all or most of your meals, but once in awhile - why not.

I'm sure someone can explain how "unbalanced" it is from a nutrition point of view, but my God, are we really doing such great harm if once in awhile a meal isn't "balanced." I have candy, cookies or a piece of cake for a meal several times a week as there is no way I could ever eat three meals a day.

So, sometimes, like yesterday, when I had already had a reasonably decent breakfast (milk and a peanut butter sandwich) and wasn't really hungry at lunch, I'll just have some candy or cookies, etc., to "put something in my stomach" and move on.

I'm pretty comfortable I'm going to die some day, but I doubt it will be from scurvy or malnutrition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou