Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lunch box

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Paper bag would be the most likely. I remember on either a tv show or was it a movie. The people in the office had bag lunches. And the men would carry their lunch in their brief case and the women in her purse.

There is also someone who would come by with a food cart and they'd buy their lunches. And through out the day there would be some one coming around with a drink cart who worked for tips.

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
Paper bag would be the most likely. I remember on either a tv show or was it a movie. The people in the office had bag lunches. And the men would carry their lunch in their brief case and the women in her purse.

There is also someone who would come by with a food cart and they'd buy their lunches. And through out the day there would be some one coming around with a drink cart who worked for tips.
ya I can see that in the bigger towns and cities at an office environment. in the rural areas and mining towns it would be the lunch box. I remember sitting in the station wagon at the talc and zinc mines where both my father and grandfather worked waiting for the lift elevator to bring them up (it only held a dozen men so it went up and down constantly) and my mom would ask if we see them come out of the lift... every guy looked the same, same clothes, same dirty soot faces and helmet with the flashlight on top :D and every one had a metal lunch box. it was difficult to tell which one was my dad when the miners would walk out of the elevator to head to the locker room. lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21