Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LVC Wool Jacket

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
the belt on the Levis version resembles this type:

_1020028_zps790b1035.jpg

_1020031_zps71e50f36.jpg

the jacket in these photos IS longer.

Well, when I say it's long, I mean it fits maximum 1.5" longer in the body than I would expect a vintage one to fit. Not too shabby for a modern effort. As I say, my torso is particularly short, so the jacket was not intended to fit my height. I therefore imagine that they've actually got the length spot on.

Where did you see the original? How does the hand of the cloth compare to the repros? My impression was that they got the boiled wool pretty close to vintage weight and hand.

simonc

Practically Family
Hi BK it was in Tokyo and the wool was boiled and quite hard also slightly darker, thing is with repros, from what I've seen, they tend to get dumbed down, longer in the body, lighter weight fabric, age treatments, to capture that "look" to instantly age the piece for the burgeoning vintage market, it seems its only with "some" of the denim, ie raw, that does it tends to stop the designers from sticking their fingers in and modifying things. I understand it with cars or technology but not clothing.

Yes, that's a particularly problematic tendency with LVC, one that sadly took hold in the production of their reversible leather/drill jacket that is also on the shelves this autumn. Their reasoning, I guess, is that they are often trying to reproduce the artefacts found in middens and old mines, not the garments as they were when produced. It is not the case for this jacket, IMO, which showed no factory "wearing" and was made of rather heavy boiled wool.

The one redeeming feature of LVC jackets is that they fit trim and short. None of the "modern body shape" (i.e. extended to the modern trouser waistband) rubbish you hear from other makers. The jackets are very much intended to be worn with the high waisted trousers/jeans.

I am always scuppered by the fact that I'm a true XS/35S and they never make them small enough. I have to settle for an S or 36 which are always too long.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If you were a fashionista, the likes of Vivienne Westwood and Child of the Jago would be a gift for you, BK!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
My problem is just the opposite BK. I have wide shoulders 24 inches. An from years of weight training a big frame. So most of LVC other than the jackets doesn't fit. :) in the legs the years of bike racing gave me big thigh and calf muscles. So all of the jeans don't fit. We all have something that keeps us form the look we love. :D

Yes, I combine a short frame with a relatively athletic shape and large thighs from to much school rugby and more recently cycling. So, skinny jeans ain't my friend.

Basically the reason I started making my own stuff. And of course vintage is more accessible (though not by that much, tbh) for smaller chaps.

simonc

Practically Family
The xx55 cut is a great choice for large hams with a 14 inch thigh it is the widest classic cut in the history of the brand.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I just picked up one of the LVC Jackets after being on the look out for them for a while. The weave of the material is certainly very nice and different than anything I've seen in 'normal' wool jacket repros. I've tried to upload a couple of close up images here as the product shots didn't do it justice.

It really is a nice piece of work, but the shorter cut of it and the arm length just didn't work for me unfortunately as I do have 'long' arms.

Attachments

• lvc-jack.jpg
    lvc-jack.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 115
  • lvc-jack2.jpg
    lvc-jack2.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 130

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo