Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW Moose hide LT/A and J-24

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
That 70 sqm must have weighed around 110 kgs at 5-oz if my math is correct. How much was the freight, just curious? Slow boat or air?

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Guys, i have reached the peak of the mountain.
Since discovering LW i felt like i was walking the crest, looking for the highest peak to settle on, and this is it, i have no more up to get to...

This project started in January 2021, when @red devil told me he was going to order his own custom batch of moose hide from Finland and have it shipped to LW in NYC, he wanted to know if i was interrested.
As you can imagine, i was...
We took a few weeks to convince Stuart, then a few weeks to decide on the colour, we settled on Anthracite grey and decided to go for unprinted hides in their thickest leather 2-2.2mm (5oz).
We originally where going to go for 50sq/m, but RD got carried away, they offered to process all of their remaining hides in that colour, he said "yes please" and we ended up ordering 70sq/m.

The logic behind ordering so much was that we had been told that moose being a wild hunted animal would have a hide with a lot of markings and damage, and Stuart was expecting to have a lot of wastage on the cutting table.

The hides took around 6 months to be processed and shipped, and by mid July they had reached NYC safely.
Upon opening and checking them Stuart told us that we had been extremely lucky, the hides where mostly perfect, with far less marks than what he was expecting.
He said the hides where much cleaner than the ones he originally bought years ago in green and blue.
That meant we had enough leather for maybe 10 jackets total rather than the 6 we had originally hoped for. Good news!

It only took a few days for me to decide which jackets i wanted to order first, my two favourites LW makes...

J-24: 4.1kg/ 9.1lb

IurG5wv.jpg

DpOr8jV.jpg

jjGNEOS.jpg

LT/A: 3.8kg / 8.4lb

HzB2I9B.jpg

fp9r7oa.jpg

xQViES1.jpg

The LT has these super cool swivel Talon zippers.
I asked Stuart for more info but he didn't have any, he said he found them years ago, couldn't remember where, had no idea what they where originally intended for, said he had only seen these once and bought all of them on the spot.

I posted this in another thread but here it is again:

I thought i would also take a pic showing the difference between this Anthracite grey and the more traditional navy and black HH that LW uses:

Navy on the left, Anthracite in the middle and black on the right:

FjfND1B.jpg

It's weird, because when you don't have a frame of reference the grey can really take a life of its own, it goes from black to very deep blue to grey depending on the light.
It is a very nice colour.

Now, time for a few fit pics:

iSp9cem.jpg

88OOhBn.jpg

tte8TgE.jpg

The J-24 fits like a freaking glove.
It's so nicely fitted, it feels like wearing a weighted neoprene suite, it's a very nice sensation.
It really gives you a heavy blanket feel, it is soft and cozy, there is nothing else like it.
The leather is smooth to the touch, almost like a very soft suede. The top coat is super thin and matte, no shine, no reflections whatsoever.

RoVUkot.jpg

cWcWval.jpg

Mj60mIY.jpg

The LT/A is ever so slightly more roomy, it's also a really nice fit.
It doesn't look as good open as the J-24, but that's how the pattern is, it is more bell shaped and has a tendency to flop open.
My HH one used to to that a lot when it was new, but as it broke in it started hanging better when worn open, i wonder how this one will break in?

Keep in mind that neither of these jackets was worn at all, whereas all my usual pictures are taken post break in. For these two i wanted "brand new" pics to be able to have a point of reference to compare once they are broken in.

All in all i couldn't be happier, i really feel that these two are the finest jackets i own, they are both spectacular to look at and incredible to wear. I have no regrets.
The only problem i have is choosing the next model i want to have done it that hide!
Right now i am thinking an unlined National racer and maybe a Ryder?

RD has also picked his jackets and let me tell you he has gone wild!
I very much look forward to the pics of what he has incoming...
Shit is DOPE bro. L.W. is King. Awsome project.

Cheech

A-List Customer
@Carlos840 and @red devil, how difficult or easy was it to convince Stuart to work with hide that you sourced? I love the idea of getting a Lost Worlds jacket made from something other than his stock leather, but a) I'm not a VIP customer, and b) I'd only be interested in a single jacket. Great, great jackets BTW!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Carlos840 and @red devil, how difficult or easy was it to convince Stuart to work with hide that you sourced? I love the idea of getting a Lost Worlds jacket made from something other than his stock leather, but a) I'm not a VIP customer, and b) I'd only be interested in a single jacket. Great, great jackets BTW!

He was reluctant at first because he was thinking of all the risks. It was a big gamble, what if we had ordered such an amount of leather and it was all unusable? It was a relief when we found out the hides were good :)

Kuro

Practically Family
Guys, i have reached the peak of the mountain.
Since discovering LW i felt like i was walking the crest, looking for the highest peak to settle on, and this is it, i have no more up to get to...

This project started in January 2021, when @red devil told me he was going to order his own custom batch of moose hide from Finland and have it shipped to LW in NYC, he wanted to know if i was interrested.
As you can imagine, i was...
We took a few weeks to convince Stuart, then a few weeks to decide on the colour, we settled on Anthracite grey and decided to go for unprinted hides in their thickest leather 2-2.2mm (5oz).
We originally where going to go for 50sq/m, but RD got carried away, they offered to process all of their remaining hides in that colour, he said "yes please" and we ended up ordering 70sq/m.

The logic behind ordering so much was that we had been told that moose being a wild hunted animal would have a hide with a lot of markings and damage, and Stuart was expecting to have a lot of wastage on the cutting table.

The hides took around 6 months to be processed and shipped, and by mid July they had reached NYC safely.
Upon opening and checking them Stuart told us that we had been extremely lucky, the hides where mostly perfect, with far less marks than what he was expecting.
He said the hides where much cleaner than the ones he originally bought years ago in green and blue.
That meant we had enough leather for maybe 10 jackets total rather than the 6 we had originally hoped for. Good news!

It only took a few days for me to decide which jackets i wanted to order first, my two favourites LW makes...

J-24: 4.1kg/ 9.1lb

IurG5wv.jpg

DpOr8jV.jpg

jjGNEOS.jpg

LT/A: 3.8kg / 8.4lb

HzB2I9B.jpg

fp9r7oa.jpg

xQViES1.jpg

The LT has these super cool swivel Talon zippers.
I asked Stuart for more info but he didn't have any, he said he found them years ago, couldn't remember where, had no idea what they where originally intended for, said he had only seen these once and bought all of them on the spot.

I posted this in another thread but here it is again:

I thought i would also take a pic showing the difference between this Anthracite grey and the more traditional navy and black HH that LW uses:

Navy on the left, Anthracite in the middle and black on the right:

FjfND1B.jpg

It's weird, because when you don't have a frame of reference the grey can really take a life of its own, it goes from black to very deep blue to grey depending on the light.
It is a very nice colour.

Now, time for a few fit pics:

iSp9cem.jpg

88OOhBn.jpg

tte8TgE.jpg

The J-24 fits like a freaking glove.
It's so nicely fitted, it feels like wearing a weighted neoprene suite, it's a very nice sensation.
It really gives you a heavy blanket feel, it is soft and cozy, there is nothing else like it.
The leather is smooth to the touch, almost like a very soft suede. The top coat is super thin and matte, no shine, no reflections whatsoever.

RoVUkot.jpg

cWcWval.jpg

Mj60mIY.jpg

The LT/A is ever so slightly more roomy, it's also a really nice fit.
It doesn't look as good open as the J-24, but that's how the pattern is, it is more bell shaped and has a tendency to flop open.
My HH one used to to that a lot when it was new, but as it broke in it started hanging better when worn open, i wonder how this one will break in?

Keep in mind that neither of these jackets was worn at all, whereas all my usual pictures are taken post break in. For these two i wanted "brand new" pics to be able to have a point of reference to compare once they are broken in.

All in all i couldn't be happier, i really feel that these two are the finest jackets i own, they are both spectacular to look at and incredible to wear. I have no regrets.
The only problem i have is choosing the next model i want to have done it that hide!
Right now i am thinking an unlined National racer and maybe a Ryder?

RD has also picked his jackets and let me tell you he has gone wild!
I very much look forward to the pics of what he has incoming...

This is why I just can't stop, even though... Three jackets should be enough right?

I am crying now.

Congratulations! Investment for success. I love what I see here. Amazing foresight!

I don't know what else to say but they look outstanding!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko