Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW Moose hide LT/A and J-24

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Just thought of doing a before/after comparison.
Top pic is brand new out of the box, bottom pic is after nearly a month of daily wear and around 2500km ridden on the bike with the jacket:

cWcWval.jpg

IUOoCMM.jpg

RoVUkot.jpg

2b3b95D.jpg

Mj60mIY.jpg

OVn5Xv9.jpg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just thought of doing a before/after comparison.
Top pic is brand new out of the box, bottom pic is after nearly a month of daily wear and around 2500km ridden on the bike with the jacket:

cWcWval.jpg

IUOoCMM.jpg

RoVUkot.jpg

2b3b95D.jpg

Mj60mIY.jpg

OVn5Xv9.jpg

It evolved beautifully! I knew that leather was special enough to warrant the efforts to make it happen :D

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@ton312 i am sorry for the pain i am about to inflict on you...

Here are pics from my recently received moose hide Ryder, it hasn't seen rain yet but is slowly starting to crease.
This is one of my favourite LW patterns, great comfort, great range of motion, made even better by that soft and spongy 5oz Moose.
This is the final moose hide jacket for me, it has been a great project that i don't regret taking on.

8e7XZp9.jpg

PeQA1MY.jpg

geJn53z.jpg

The chest zipper is a very rare and unique Talon "clamshell" puller.

2SzBSFb.jpg

Stuart told me he only saw them for sale once since starting his business, and he bought the 5 that where available at the time. He thinks they are from the 30s or 40s but was never able to confirm that.
If anyone knows more about these please let me know.
The main zipper is a vintage Talon too but nothing as unique.

@tmitchell59 have you seen this clamshell before?

Here are pics from my recently received moose hide Ryder, it hasn't seen rain yet but is slowly starting to crease.
This is one of my favourite LW patterns, great comfort, great range of motion, made even better by that soft and spongy 5oz Moose.
This is the final moose hide jacket for me, it has been a great project that i don't regret taking on.

8e7XZp9.jpg

PeQA1MY.jpg

geJn53z.jpg

2SzBSFb.jpg

Stuart told me he only saw them for sale once since starting his business, and he bought the 5 that where available at the time. He thinks they are from the 30s or 40s but was never able to confirm that.

Wow!! Yeah that’s perfect and it does indeed hurt. That chest pull is a super early Talon I think. From the 30’s? I could be wrong but I’ve seen those before on jackets I believe were 1930’s era. Incredible jacket! I knew it would be.

dannyk

One Too Many
Glad this thread came back to life because it was posted right during the heart of my TFL sabbatical. I am a sucker for the LW J23 and moose hide. All 3 of your jackets of course being unique and beautiful though. It’s also hard to describe moose hide to those who’ve never experienced it. It’s still very much spongey and excellent for drape and conformity. Yet also thick, heavy, and tank like. Great stuff!

Last edited:

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many

8e7XZp9.jpg

PeQA1MY.jpg

geJn53z.jpg

2SzBSFb.jpg

Shit is DOPE

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I don't get it, she has been surrounded by jackets for years, has never even looked at them, slept on them, done anything to them and now this... WHY THIS ONE?
Maybe she liked the soft finish of the leather and was curious/intrigued. Or the smell? Something must have intrigued the cat about this jacket (like all of us).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko