Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MAC to Launch Marilyn Monroe Collection in Autumn 2012

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I love MAC makeup! The only makeup that doesn't break out my skin! I guess I do look "cheap" lol (not that I mind because I love makeup fakery!)

I'm just gonna ignore this whole MM thing and go back to the MAC I love ;)

ITA, I generally love MAC, and I disagree they look cheap. I don't think they'd be so well-used by makeup artists, especially in Hollywood, if the products didn't stand the test. I like the quality, but I dislike the limited editions that come out every 15 minutes, and the hype that goes with it (people buying the items & hoarding them, or re-selling on ebay for insane prices). Personally I think it would be nicer if they did 2 or 3 LE collections per year. That said, if they ever do a Dita von Teese collection, all bets are off. :D

I agree about sticking with the MAC core products! I'm right there with ya, Amy.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I don't think the quality is cheap AT ALL. It stays put all day long for me and stays bright and fresh all day. I can even eat with the lipsticks on and they don't smudge off. But I also agree with the LE products. So much hype, yet some aren't even that great. And they are over before I get enough money to purchase anything!! lol The last LE collection I really liked was Beth Ditto -- such great, bright colours.

For the longest time I was disappointed in their nail polish selection, but I'm glad they sorted that out ;)

angeljenny

A-List Customer
^ I know... I guess I have until Thursday morning to decide if I'm going to go in late to work and stand in line for powder & lipstick. :confused:

I gave in and ordered two lipsticks on line .... hope I like them!

I got all flustered as things were selling out while I was looking at them!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I like MAC's "Sparks On Screen" nail polish. You can only buy it online. It reminds me of the Ruby Slippers. And it's not even that smooth when you put it on lol It is all course and rough! HAHA. But I love it. It's bold.

aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnRoZS1zd2F0Y2hhaG9saWMuY29tJTJGd3AtY29udGVudCUyRnVwbG9hZHMlMkYyMDEyJTJGMDklMkZtYWMtc3BhcmtzLW9uLXNjcmVlbi1zd2F0Y2gtZmxhbWluZy1yb3NlLW5haWwtbGFjcXVlci1wb2xpc2hfMDEuanBn

/something to distract you from the Marilyn hoopla.....

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like MAC's "Sparks On Screen" nail polish. You can only buy it online. It reminds me of the Ruby Slippers. And it's not even that smooth when you put it on lol It is all course and rough! HAHA. But I love it. It's bold.

aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnRoZS1zd2F0Y2hhaG9saWMuY29tJTJGd3AtY29udGVudCUyRnVwbG9hZHMlMkYyMDEyJTJGMDklMkZtYWMtc3BhcmtzLW9uLXNjcmVlbi1zd2F0Y2gtZmxhbWluZy1yb3NlLW5haWwtbGFjcXVlci1wb2xpc2hfMDEuanBn

/something to distract you from the Marilyn hoopla.....

That is an awesome nail polish. I'm a revlon girl, but I gotta say that tempts me. Are those different shades, or just multi-coats?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I think it's just lighting in that photo. I put it on last night. Two coats was all I needed and all my nails look identical. And I'm mastering putting it on smoother, too! ;) I love it!!! Can't stop looking at my nails lol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ Very pretty!!! I have a couple of their polishes and I do like them, although I'm wearing gel polishes much more lately so my "regular" polishes are kind of just sitting in limbo.

All of the MAC I love is from the "regular" core line of products. I have never really gotten into the LE stuff, just was hyped about the Marilyn collection. Anyway, my favorite MAC products are:
- Fix+ spray
- MSF Natural powder
- eyeshadows & paint pots (great staying power, nice range of colors)
- makeup brushes & the brush cleaner
- Studio Fix mascara

I also love MAC lipsticks, they have a nice formula that goes on well and doesn't feel too dry, and the staying power seems to be pretty good.

I've had my eye on the MSF Lightscapade powder for ages, but haven't bought it yet.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
My lipsticks arrived!!

I love them both - so glad I took the risk of ordering without seeing the colours in person. I will just have to work up the courage to wear them as they are a little bolder than I usually wear!

I do love the scent of the MAC lipsticks.

My wife just had her nails done with the new Mac polish. I've been doing the girl's (daughters, granddaughter) nails for years, and I gotta say, it's about the nicest stuff I've seen. Wow, did I really post that? :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Stopped by the MAC counter in Dillard's today and they still had a decent stock of items. Sold out of the lipsticks & beauty powder, but had both blushes, nail polishes, eyeshadows, lip liners, and several other items. I bought the last Perfect Cheek blush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff