Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mackinaw Wool Coat

wildturkey8

Familiar Face
I really love the plaid Mackinaw coat/cruiser jacket, but they seem expensive. Anyone know where to find one that doesn't break the bank?

rgraham

A-List Customer
That's where I got my set. Although not for $20.00, I think mine cost $80.00. They were in virtually un-used condition, and made in USA in 1993. Be patient, as they are not for everyone. I had to get the hat elsewhere, but they did come with suspenders! It's like wearing a sleeping bag.

mike

Call Me a Cab
difter2.jpg

mackinawcoat2.jpg

macinaw.jpg

Mackinaw-large.html

River Junction makes some mighty cool coats! I do wonder if they are truly heavy duty & for subzero February mornings or not. [huh]

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
snip

I do wonder if they are truly heavy duty & for subzero February mornings or not. [huh]

I've seen them up close in the store and they are rather heavy weight. They'll keep you warm in most any cold weather. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had the $, particularly the one with the tan stripe.

Alexi

One of the Regulars
heirs a weid one:
img0043yy.jpg

late 80's mack I picked up NOS, mid 80's vintage the weight is between the Filson single mack and double mack with a recoil pad on the shoulder.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Got this mackinaw from Goodwill. It's modern, made in the Amana Colonies here in Iowa, real nice quality. Very heavy, has faux fur on the inside.

mackinawcoat.jpg

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I've found 3 Mackinaw Cruisers at Goodwill, gave one my brother in law who's a fishing guide, sold one, and kept the other. The one I kept was the oldest of the 3 and was lighter weight. The others were too heavy for what I do.

fedoralover

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Top Row, from left: Midwest Outerwear, Maine Guide, Soo, Penney's

Bottom Row, from left: Woolrich, Johnson, Soo, Soo

plaids.jpg

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Nice collection of Macks there. I particularly like the Maine Guide for some reason. Currently I've got Filson single Mack and a Woolrich. I've also got a Woolrich CPO/hunting jacket and a Johnson Woolen Mills green/black plaid jacket on the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy