Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

texasgirl

One Too Many
hmm, I guess when Don says in the interview part- that Roger is making a huge mistake by running off with "this secretary" and they're showing pictures of that new gal- just made me think it wasn't Joan. But I may be analyzing it too much. I tend to do that a lot with this show...

59Lark

Practically Family
mad men with hormones.

Having been in business for over 26 years, I wonder how these guys get any sleep, havent got that much time in a day or fool that much around. Even when i was single, i once borrowed a olds regency from a greek, took a woman for out for a business lunch, drank way too wine and got too much information from that woman how she was only common law so it didnt count so running back to the office. HAD to return the olds, and then sell some old people who knew me too well a new sewing machine and they kept smelling my breath and looking at me like I had been convicted of rape, so that was the last time that I LEANED OVER THE FENCE. NO i didnt go over and pick the apple like red sovine sang about, so when i watch that show, cant take too much of mad men and have to shut it off, woman here would probably shoot don draper while he was sleeping on the couch for his ways. 59LARK:eek:fftopic:

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I wasnt too surprised to see Draper punch out the comedian.
Draper always seems to be containing himself. Its aalmost shocking when he does grin.
He reminds me a bit of Clint Eastwood.
cropIMG_1174.jpg
27782118_04ae000c7e.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PADDY said:
Sadly the UK is behind on showing this Series 2. Can't wait until it comes out on DVD and I'll snap it up.:)

It's available on iTunes...although come to think about it...you might not be able to get it on iTunes UK until the day after each episode's broadcast on BBC or whoever has the rights.

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
I noticed Don seems to be wearing his hat more lately. I guess the writers FINALLY started listening to the Lounge about this. lol

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Finally started watching this show and am just about caught up, and the one thing I have grown to appreciate is the absence of endless "oldies" in the soundtrack. The spare use of music is just fine and the such fine scripting and a minimum of anachronisms
(I found one, when someone says, "I'll messenger it to you." Don't know if people were using nouns as verbs so much like nowadays.;) ) makes this show a joy to watch.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Betty and her equestrian friends

So Betty invites the young guy at the riding club to lunch with her and her girlfriend -the one who is smitten with him- and then Betty doesn't show up, and creates a potential hook up situation. Obviously planned, but why?

Knows her friend wants him?
Living vicariously through her?
Knowing she is so ticked at Don's infidelity, why would she set the possibility in motion for someone else?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barbigirl said:
So Betty invites the young guy at the riding club to lunch with her and her girlfriend -the one who is smitten with him- and then Betty doesn't show up, and creates a potential hook up situation. Obviously planned, but why?
Maybe to take him out of the equation?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I was also mystified at Betty doing that. Redirecting his attentions elsewhere makes sense. But why would she set up a situation for her friend that has been unwelcome in her own life? Spreading the misery? Or maybe she just wants her friend to be happier?

New one Sunday! :D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Any of 'you' members identify with some of the characters?

As I watch this Series 2 online (thanks to links given by one of our US members), I'm seeing 'myself' in some of the characters of this show, which can be slightly un-nerving.

Anyone else here watching it and thinking, "Yep, that's how I feel" or "Hey, that's how I think about that!"...?[huh]

Barbigirl

Practically Family
The Characters

PADDY said:
As I watch this Series 2 online (thanks to links given by one of our US members), I'm seeing 'myself' in some of the characters of this show, which can be slightly un-nerving.

Anyone else here watching it and thinking, "Yep, that's how I feel" or "Hey, that's how I think about that!"...?[huh]

Paddy, they are all so naughty. Do you really expect anyone to admit to it?

I have had similiar experiences to Betty in my ancient history so I can relate from that point, though not pleasant to analyze.
I like to think now I am a cross between Peggy's work brains and Joanie's figure.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It was an episode filled with left turns and surprises ("This is Dick Whitman."?!?), but it didn't seem to really advance the major plot arcs - aside from Peggy taking another step towards 1960s liberation. I have learned to trust the show's creators enough to know that everything will eventually pay off, but it was definitely among the least satisfying episodes of the show so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran