Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
flat-top said:
As all that is "Don Draper" arrives on a doorstep back in New York.

And Don has simply not returned to NY with Pete, no word, no one even knows where he is.

It was unsatisfying in that I wanted to know what happened at the lunch Betty set up, etc. But it was another brilliant bit of television. And just as you say, I trust the show enough to go along for the ride knowing that next week will probably be a jaw-dropper.

So Duck can only fire on all cylinders with the right octane fuel?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jet Set...

...so am I right in saying there is 'one more' episode to go of Series 2? (I'm catching it online as it's not showing yet across the pond).

Interesting one wasn't it!! That California sunshine and more laid-back culture on the west coast has really unlocked a few things for Don/Dick. Oh the suspense of it all...:D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Since when did Don get equity in Sterling Cooper? I don't recall 12 % and a seat on the board.[huh]

As for Weiner 's history of tying up loose ends............Not.

Weston

A-List Customer
He was made a partner last season. Roger mentioned that they wouldn't change the name though. It was during the period that another agency was trying to court Don to leave.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
flat-top said:
Last night's episode was my least favorite, but had some of the most brilliant symbolism.
What does our jury think?

I loved the last shot of Don on the couch. Shot from the back , no shirt, reclined w/ left arm outstretched. The opposite of the series B&W logo w/ the right arm outstretched.
1692150854_56e4deee67.jpg

2943318264_2b90a88fc8.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They look so much better on the show...and I'm not judging that solely on that one photo. I've seen several different shots and all I can think is...why didn't you fix the hair...let the wardrobe department help you select some better "everyday clothes" and so forth.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Unrecognizable

I would not have even recognized the women if I had seen that photo in passing, they could have improved a lot but I htink many would argue that good actresses when they are being themselves don't make their characters jump out.

Now Jon Hamm, I think I would recognize him. (with or without his shirt) :p

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Barbigirl said:
Now Jon Hamm, I think I would recognize him.
The MM boys don't seem to morph like the girls.

610x.jpg

I've noticed that Jon's off set look usually doesn't require the need for a razor.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That gal 'January...'

Even as January she has that unsettling look in her eyes :eek: What is that lady up to?[huh]

But I agree, they both look so much 'better' when dolled up in the early 60's look.

ONLY TWO more episodes to watch? that makes me so sad.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
about to be renewed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE49G0O520081017

Hard to believe an award winning show gets so few viewers.

"Mad Men," garners modest ratings -- Sunday's episode averaged 1.5 million total viewers -- but is a critical darling. It became the first basic cable program to win a major series category at the Primetime Emmy Awards with its best drama trophy last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy