Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Making a Western hat by hand?

DaveSobel

New in Town
Thank you for the kind comments gentlemen! First ride in the black version of the same hat. You can see the left side of the brim got bent hitting the ground. Good beaver, so it is back in the block now. Here I am still trying to decide if a trip to the ER was warranted. I went, it wasn't. :confused: Should be up and walking again by next week.

Sorry about the fall. I’m glad it wasn’t more serious.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bowen! Been a tough couple of weeks. Good pain killers can hide a lot :) Got beat up more than I originally thought. But I am on the mend. Appreciate the concern.
Hey Yahoody:
Good to hear back. Bouncing back def takes more now than it did, too be sure.
I got the feeling you’re not a whiner so i figure you did take a good spill. They say it’s hard to keep a good man down so see ya soon, just not sooner than we should. Ya know.
Be well(er). Bowen

Yahoody

One Too Many
Much appreciated Gentlemen! You guys make one feel like family:oops: It's official. I must be healed. Wife sent me outside to work today and on a Sunday to boot! Two things can make a guy feel better about doing what we do best around here. That would be a bright colored muck fork and a good hat. I got them both :D Might have been wearing my hat in the house in my pajamas that got her all riled up and booting me out to the barn :confused:

Yahoody

One Too Many
Since I have been on light duty I've had a chance to finish up a couple of hats for a shooting buddy of mine. He is a big fan of he movie "Appaloosa." And he just had to have a hat like Virgil's and Everett's. Vigils black one was easy. Hitch's not so much. Just got his Hitch version done tonight. No bound edge...only because I am too lazy to sew one on by hand! Owner didn't want a stampede string as it gets in the way shooting SASS with his 10 gauge using black powder. Color is actually closer to the movie hat than it appears in my photos

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Since I have been on light duty I've had a chance to finish up a couple of hats for a shooting buddy of mine. He is a big fan of he movie "Appaloosa." And he just had to have a hat like Virgil's and Everett's. Vigils black one was easy. Hitch's not so much. Just got his Hitch version done tonight. No bound edge...only because I am too lazy to sew one on by hand! Owner didn't want a stampede string as it gets in the way shooting SASS with his 10 gauge using black powder. Color is actually closer to the movie hat than it appears in my photos

Nice work!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner