Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man I love this jacket...

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Camel Hair Sportcoat by Samuelsohn - Tan Crowsfoot:
1219088590.img

$995.00 from O'Connells

Soft, Supple, luxurious. Samuelsohn has produced this vicuna and camel shaded crowsfoot pattern fo all to enjoy. A wonderful hand, 3-button, center vent, no darts, full bemberg lining. Made in Canada.

Beautiful! Closeup:

closeup_of_samuelsohn_camel_hair_sportcoat__tan_crowsfoot.jpg

Anyone buy from these guys?

Ed13

Familiar Face
I usually try to stop in O'Connells when I am in Buffalo. A trad style clothing shop who carry decent to good quality items. Some of their stock has been there for years since trad style clothes don't really change. Every time I go I try to look around in different areas of the store since you never know what you may find. Only a small portion of items seem to make it to their website. Pricing is not cheap but I have always found it to be fair, especially considering the difficulty I would have in finding the selection of items elsewhere.

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
Bespoke update. Here are a few reference prices of true London Bespoke clothing.
* Two Piece Suit: £2195
* Three Piece Suit: £2720
* Jacket or Blazer: £1475
* Trousers: £755
* Overcoat: £2195
* Two Piece Dinner Suit: £2590
* Three Piece Dinner Suit: £3125

the rough conversion to USD is to multiple by 1.5.....do the math yourselves.

HoundstoothLuke

Familiar Face
Although out of London fully bespoke suits cost a hell of a lot less. Savile Row is more expensive than most. Although the quality is better at a shop on the Row, the main extra cost is increased rent and the 'name brand' factor.

There is a tailor in London, who isn't on the Row and whose name escapes me, who does bespoke suits for ~£900. The writer at Permanent Style has used him. My own tailor up in Yorkshire did them for less than £600, and is of a very good quality, fully canvassed, several fittings etc etc.

NB-prices were for two piece suits.

Qirrel

Practically Family
Although out of London fully bespoke suits cost a hell of a lot less. Savile Row is more expensive than most. Although the quality is better at a shop on the Row, the main extra cost is increased rent and the 'name brand' factor.

There is a tailor in London, who isn't on the Row and whose name escapes me, who does bespoke suits for ~£900. The writer at Permanent Style has used him. My own tailor up in Yorkshire did them for less than £600, and is of a very good quality, fully canvassed, several fittings etc etc.

NB-prices were for two piece suits.

Yup. Even Norwegian tailors (living in Norway=expensive) don't charge nearly as much.

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
Oxxford charges similar prices for their products. Granted, those prices are high for the average Joe, and I certainly am not able to charge such prices for my Bespoke work (but maybe some day.....). That aside, Samuelsohn makes a great product, I have worked on many of them, and appreciate their workmanship. And one of their great advantages is that they purchase cloth in such large quantities, and have deals struck with major fabric suppliers, that they can pass those savings on to the customer.

Marty M.

Vendor
Hey Fred, I think the coat is beautiful. It has a subtle elegance to it. Samuelsohn makes a fine garment. If buy it if it's 100% cashmere, and the model fits you well.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The problem is, most people don't know that! It's cheaper to get a bespoke suit than it is to buy an OTR from a designer such as Ted Baker. Crazy.
But the OTR stuff can be had at a steep discount at end of season sales or even online. For instance, eBay is awash with heavily discounted Oxxford, which is made to SR standards in both make and material. (With some skillful tailoring you'll have a helluva suit for around 1k.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner