Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Many vintage hats, GOODBYE!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I've seen some very tasty morsels here.;) (Hats are friends, not food.)lol
lgmp0352.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc, here's an appeal to a fellow Lounger, from a fellow Lounger, if at all possible, work out a deal with Lucky on thay 7 5/8 homburg...and we all will sleep well at night.;)

dean

spiridon

A-List Customer
Joel Tunnah said:
Every day I make the vise a little bit tighter. Soon I will fit into a 7 1/4.

but it hurts...:eusa_doh:

lol lol lol lol ......Thank you for that Joel....I now have to clean the coffee out of my keyboard!!;) lol

....fortunately/unfortunately most of these hats ARE my size.:D

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
deanglen said:
Marc, here's an appeal to a fellow Lounger, from a fellow Lounger, if at all possible, work out a deal with Lucky on thay 7 5/8 homburg...

Would you believe that FIVE Loungers have already contacted me about this homburg, asking if it's available outside eBay? :)

I have no idea what price to put on this one, so I think it's best to let the auction market decide its value.

deanglen

Marc Chevalier said:
Would you believe that FIVE Loungers have already contacted me about this homburg, asking if it's available outside eBay? :)

I have no idea what price to put on this one, so I think it's best to let the auction market decide its value.

Fair enough! Victory will go to:

a) Deepest pockets

b) Best sniping program

c) a & b

d) God's will:rolleyes:

dean

deanglen

DOUGLAS said:
Dean, I'm afraid this is one auction God will stay clear of.

Yeah...you're right. Marc's right...fairest way to go. Darn nice hats! Not my size but I'm on hiatus, and things as they are, those auctions will go up like the elevators in the Sears Tower. That's the beauty of it. Hope we'll get updates on the progress of this boon!

dean

big kahuna

Familiar Face
Ahhh...the Mallory

The Mallory looks like the smaller-yet-identical twin to the 8 1/2 I purchased from Dinerman, down to to the bound brim, tall crown, and WIDE ribbon.:eusa_clap

HPIM3872.jpg

Great hat! Won't last long on the open market:D

deanglen

jamespowers said:
Hey! I made mention of wanting it first. :eusa_doh: No playing favorites. :p

I'm sure there were many that inquired before I posted that, James, I have just been so moved by the passion with which Lucky expresses his desire! ;)
que sara, sara with them all.:) I'm not sure of the sp. of que sara,sara.
dean

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Gents, gents, gents...

Dean, I thank you for your support. And, James, the competition would have been grand.

But, quite frankly, due to 'other acquisitions', I will not be able to partake of the auction for a fine, fine hat. I know that I sound a bit cryptic - that was purposeful. I will be posting info on said 'acquisition' in the near future.

And, Dean, please request of your higher placed connections that said 'acquistion' goes well. I, we, need all the help we can get right now.

deanglen

Mr. Lucky said:
Gents, gents, gents...

Dean, I thank you for your support. And, James, the competition would have been grand.

But, quite frankly, due to 'other acquisitions', I will not be able to partake of the auction for a fine, fine hat. I know that I sound a bit cryptic - that was purposeful. I will be posting info on said 'acquisition' in the near future.

And, Dean, please request of your higher placed connections that said 'acquistion' goes well. I, we, need all the help we can get right now.

Done!;)

dean

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
UPDATE

Due to the "Bandwidth Exceeded" photo hosting issue (which will not be resolved until May 22), and due to the fact that I'm too cheap to pay eBay to host my auction photos (and too lazy to spend hours uploading them onto a new photo hosting site) ... my auctions are hereby postponed until the evening of SUNDAY, MAY 27.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo