Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Many vintage hats, GOODBYE!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Time to share images of (and 'memorialize'?) some vintage 1920s, '30s, '40s, '50s and '60s hats of mine (some of which haven't seen before on the Lounge), before they leave my noggin forever and go off to eBayland.

1940s RARE violet color "Citation" fedora, size 7 1/4.

hatsetc150.jpg

hatsetc152.jpg

Early 1930s brushed felt fedora, "Scott & Co." (British), size 7 1/4.

moreauctionnow006.jpg

moreauctionnow004.jpg

1930s "Dobbs Cavanagh" fedora, size 7 1/4.

moreauctionnow030.jpg

moreauctionnow031.jpg

moreauctionnow032.jpg

moreauctionnow034.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I love that stetson. The dobbs is pretty great, too.
what's the deal with the brim of the stetson?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow what a collection. I see some serious bidding wars in ebays future!
When I first saw the "Citation" I thought "that's gonna be my favorite", but there are so many other wonderful hats. I really like the "Disney" and the "Stetson Special". Those would be my top three, in no particular order.

Might I ask, I apologize for being intrusive, but why are you getting rid of your hats? Or is it just that you have too many to wear and it's time to let others enjoy them? Again I apologize if this is rude, just curious:eek:
You shall make a nice fortune selling them. It seems that the bay is lacking quality mens fedoras from sellers who actually care about them. I hope you put good reserves on them, they are worth it. Good Luck:)

S

Samsa

I'm secretly glad those hats are not size 7 1/2 - if they were, I would be destined for massive credit card debt!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Marc Chevalier said:
1930s "Mallory" homburg, long oval, size 7 5/8.

hatsetc116.jpg

Hey now a man sized hat. This could work---especially in Long Oval. :p ;)

Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, Marc you have my attention. So, My good man when does the feeding frenzy begin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo