Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Masquerade Costumes

crwritt

One Too Many
I wanted to share the outfits my honey and I wore this Halloween. We attended a masquerade party at a local restaurant. We won best costumed couple, also a dance prize! We danced all night, with masks on , until the winners were announced, what a blast.
Here are the "Vintage" outfits
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/crwritt/halloween 07/IMG_0543_2.jpg
and here are the costumes
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/crwritt/halloween 07/IMG_0544.jpg
We were Tom and Kitty Katz from Altoona.
I made the kitty masks, including tails and paws, and the faux fur wrap.
The rest consists of some of our various evening clothes.
Of course, moderators can feel free to move this to a different location if you wish.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap Absolutely fabulous!! WOW, great work Crwitt!! Love how your mask blends in with the stole and dress. And his outfit reminds me of a 'tuxedo' cat I used to have~ named Tux of course.
Prizes well deserved!
Nikki

crwritt

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
:eusa_clap Excellent work!
Those are whimsical and beautiful costumes.
Were they hot?

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Its funny, the first time we danced in those cat heads, we barely got through a swing number. That was a few months ago. This time, we must have learned to breathe properly, because we danced off and on for a couple hours. I took off the velvet jacket and furry stole, and had a full length sequin gown beneath, and was quite comfortable. He kept on his tux jacket, and when he finally removed the mask it was dripping wet.

I guess you could say they were hot. One neat thing about these masks is that the jaw is articulated, so you can surprise people by moving your mouth and talking, eat food with a fork, and sip through a straw.

I think the wise costume party host keeps the heat turned down to accomodate the comfort of his guests.

crwritt

One Too Many
ohairas said:
:eusa_clap Absolutely fabulous!! WOW, great work Crwitt!! Love how your mask blends in with the stole and dress. And his outfit reminds me of a 'tuxedo' cat I used to have~ named Tux of course.
Prizes well deserved!
Nikki

Thank You Thank You (takes a bow)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, hep cats!

They are so cool!

Any other masquerade costumes out there?

l_0eb757c5a7f9b0f9228f89fc7f5f4b82.jpg

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Love Those "HepCat" costumes...

Thanks for posting!
Very creative- easy to see why you won!

crwritt

One Too Many
Thanks ShortClara and Flitcraft. We kept the costumes on and danced up a storm, really enjoyed ourselves, and kept in kitty cat character. I think that really helped us to win. There were some other very cool costumes, the wearers just seemed less comfortable and didn't move around very much.
One gal was very fetching as Marilyn Monroe, with the white dress and hair in curls, but mostly she stood still. (she won sexiest)
A group of six young people showed up in roller skates, shorts, leg warmers, dressed for roller derby, fake briuses even. (best group)
I think it also helped that we knew very few people at this party, if it had been at our regular dance hall, our friends would have known us by our shoes and our favorite dance steps.

I guess my advice would be, whatever the outfit, act the part!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is me!

Isn't that headdress insane? It belonged to a friend and started the whole idea for our outfits.
That was my hair! It was down to my butt back then, and I sprayed it with Aqua Net and twisted it onto many ropes. It was a pain to have hair that long though, I could only wash it 2x a month. So now it's much shorter.

crwritt

One Too Many
My hair is long also, but not that long. I understand. My hairdresser is retiring, too. A pain to find and "Train" a new one!
It lloks like you and Errol Flynn had a good time that night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner