Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medium grey flannel pin stripe suit for sale.

benstephens

Practically Family
I am selling this on behalf of a friend. He brought it over to me thinking I may like, but it is unfortunately too big.

The sizes are as follows.

Inside Leg 29.5"
Waist 35"
Chest 42"
Sleeve Length 25.5"
Shoulders 18"
Back Length 32" from top of collar.

It is made from a light grey pin stripe flannel. It was tailor made in the West End of London in 1951.

It is only half lined, although, I feel this has been done at a latter date, however it is a neat job.

It shows all the hallmarks of a 'West End' suit, with working cuff buttons etc. I have taken a picture of it with the window behind to give an idea that the flannel is light, as there seems to be a misconception that flannel was mainly used for winter suits, when most tailoring catologues of the period suggest it for summer wear, and with this weight it would be ideal.

The Trousers are not incredibly high waisted, but by the end of the 1930s people like Simpsons were offering 'Low Rise' trousers, although these are higher than modern trousers, and will sit around the navel.

The condition is generally good, although it does have a few marks on it, and the odd moth nip. I would certainly wear it with no hesitation if it was not so many sizes to big.

All in all, I would love to own this sut, I have always wanted a grey pin stripe three peice suit, however this one is not to be it.

I will be taking it to the Hammersmith Vintage fashion fair tommorrow.

As for price, he is asking £200.00......

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

Kindest Regards

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24