Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

melting Pot? Space Age and Vintage should they mix?

mikepara

Practically Family
I have very mixed bag of favourites. I love Surf music, 60's Garage, Punk Rock, Swing, Rockabilly and Skinhead Reggae in equal measure.

I like vintage clothing but not to exclusion. I adore Space age tat and would love to live here.

jetsoncitymb219a.jpg

Is it just me thats sneaked unnoticed into the lounge with my hidden bag of non vintage tricks?

Brooksie

One Too Many
Hey Mike,

I would say you are "A OK" in my book, I love surfer music, punk, new wave, rockabilly and reggae too! Along with big band, swing and jazz.

Brooksie

Barry

Practically Family
Mike,

You listed some of my favorite types of music. I guess the whole "Space-age" theme works well for surf bands. The Space Cossacks were one of my favorites (and local for me, which was great). I think Ivan Pongracic is with The Madeira now.

The Maderia

mikepara

Practically Family
Barry said:
Mike,

You listed some of my favorite types of music. I guess the whole "Space-age" theme works well for surf bands. The Space Cossacks were one of my favorites (and local for me, which was great). I think Ivan Pongracic is with The Madeira now.

Space Cossacks, Interstellar Stomp! Wish I'd seen them.

I wanted to see what you guys thought and I was correct in my assumption that there are no stick in the mud zombies in the lounge. It appears Great music is timeless... as is style.

RIOT

Practically Family
Nice place but kind of a pisser if you want to bar hop. Unless they up the FWI (Flying While Intoxicated) level. lol

Nice to see someone else appreciating some good ol' Skinhead Reggae and Rocksteady as well as Rockabilly on here. Oi!

Liz

I'd like to live there too! I love anything space age and I listen to different sorts of music from all different eras -- I like everything from '30s hillbilly records to modern electronic-based music. You are not alone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner