Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Metal Hat Intials

Clockwork Fan

New in Town
I just acquired a new bowler and inside on the sweatband are three metal initials. Does anyone know if these are still available? While the ones that are in there are cool, I'd love to replace them with my initials. Here's a photo.

I just acquired a new bowler and inside on the sweatband are three metal initials. Does anyone know if these are still available? While the ones that are in there are cool, I'd love to replace them with my initials. Here's a photo.

I might be able to get some but they would have the Stetson logo (see below). Some hat shops in Europe might still have old stock (probably not as old as yours).

13311853955_a5689b83b2_o.jpg

Last edited:

Clockwork Fan

New in Town
Thanks for the offer, but I don't think Stetson initials will look right on a Moss Bros. bowler. Still, I should probably ask if you even have the initials I would need: WAW. Thanks again.

Clockwork Fan

New in Town
The bowler I just purchased looks to be mid to late '60s, judging by the brim width (43mm/1.692") and crown height (117.47mm/4.625"). Those initials have probably been out of production for nearly that long. Oh, well, even with someone else's initials it's a very cool hat. Moss Bros. branded, manufactured by Walker, Ashworth & Linney. Here's a quick selfie:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I remember seeing those initials in a German hat supply catalog some years ago. Im not sure if todays hat wearer would even appreciate them. I'd love to get some myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou