Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

might want to trade Borsalino beaver for Stetson 100

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Although I am inept in taking and posting electronic photos, I might be inclined to make a straight-up trade of my brown Borsalino 100% beaver fedora, brim size 2 3/8, for an Open Road-style Stetson 100 or a Stetson 7x clear beaver in size 7 1/8. The Borsalino is size 7 1/8, or 57 cm, but because of the lambskin sweatband, it's snug. I have had the hat stretched so it works as a 7 1/8, but it's still snug. Might be great for someone who's on the small side of 7 1/8 or between 7 and 7 1/8. The crown has been re-blocked so that it's a little different from the original shape, but naturally you can re-block it to whatever shape you like. If someone has a Stetson 100 or 7x clear beaver in Open Road and 7 1/8, I'd be interested to talk. If interested, you can see what the Borsalino looks like on several retailers' websites. I originally bought it from Hats.com. Now they retail for north of $600 I think; I paid $450 a few years ago. Go ahead and send me a pm if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot