Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan Mania

Viper Man

Banned
There are some fantastic straws in this thread! Here is my newest, it's a vintage Crofut & Knapp. 5 1/2 " crown and 2 5/8" brim. This one still has the original $10 price tag in it. Summer is almost here...

363165336.jpg

362454207.jpg

362454211.jpg

Neil

A-List Customer
Wow

I must say, some of those Milans are awfully sharp.
As BobC has noted, the style tends to grow on you. At first, I was not too keen, and vastly preferred Montecristis, and probably still do. But boy, oh boy, those nice golden brown Milans are sharp to behold, and that one you bought at Optimo, Lefty, is a particularly dandy specimen.
From what I've been able to tell, though, the real thing is hard to find. Graham has a very limited number, and a lot of the stuff out there is actually made of paper or something.

univibe88

One Too Many
I was very inspired by Lefty's so I asked his permission to order one with the same ribbon. He kindly obliged, so I ordered one several weeks ago. It just came today. I got the same ribbon as Lefty, but Graham put a little twist on it so it's not exactly the same.

I'll get some pics up soon.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I think that it's the second greatest hat I've ever seen. ;)

It looks great on you, especially with those glasses. :eusa_clap

Razzman

One Too Many
That's a beauty Univibe88 & Lefty. Very impressive.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Viper Man I like your straw also, very nifty looking lid.:eusa_clap

jpbales

Practically Family
a new Milan for me...

I've got a Miller Milan on the way- my fiancee said she would buy me a hat since I spent 400$ on wedding bands for her. I almost said "honey, you don't have to get me anything," but I just couldn't pass up that offer!!

I saw a nice vintage Stetson milan, 7 3/8, at an antique store, but it was a size too small and not really a style I particularly liked, so I passed it up. The price was a steal though. I might go back and see if they still have it and then put it up in the classifieds.

Neil

A-List Customer
I've never been too drawn to Milans.
Montecristis, I find, are too beautiful to resist.
But I must say, these Optimo creations have me changing my mind. They are really great.
I do like the Lefty ribbon, but the simpler look on Graham's website is pretty compelling, too. . .

http://www.optimohats.com/milan/c/

Neil

A-List Customer
Alucard. . .

That Milan is superlative. EXCELLENT ribbon choice. I just had a Montecristi blocked in Graham's Series C. Navy ribbon.
But my next hat will have a brown ribbon. Goes perfectly with a blue suit. Brown and blue are a great combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto