Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milestone Hats

Jazzcat

New in Town
Every time I hit a major milestone in life, I try to mark it with a hat. When my son was born, I had a hat made with his initials stamped into the sweatband. I did the same when my daughter was born. Recently, I got promoted to the position of Captain at the fire department I work for. Optimo should have my Thunder Gray diamond bash hat ready in a few weeks with "captain" stamped into the sweat. I'll be turning 40 soon and plan to get one then as well. Anyone else do something similar to this? It really gives my hats special meaning and it's interesting to see my life story unfold with my hat choices over the years.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
This is something I have thought about starting up for myself as well; although I have to wait until another important milestone in my life. The next possible ones would be accepting and starting Graduate school, or being hired for my first real job/career.

thought about it...

Never crossed my mind to get one when my kids were born, too busy buying other stuff.

I might get one when I graduate with my masters (final project due next Friday, keep your fingers crossed) My school colors are Navy and Yellow, I'm sure
Art or Graham could do something with that...

Musashi

One of the Regulars
bruce wayne said:
I was going to suggest getting a fireman red campaign hat for being promoted to captian.

I would not try it. Saw a chap wearing a fireman read SUIT and SHOES the other day with a fairly respectable plain black fedora.. did not work. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112