Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military Hat Photos

Sox

New in Town
finally got some pictures.

These are from Royal Canadian Air Force, WWII. The first one was issued to my dad when he was enlisted as an aircraftman. The second he received when he was promoted to an officer.
privates.jpg
priside.jpg

officers.jpg
offside.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful Sox, that side cap is quite grand. I love that shape.They seem to be in great condition too!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I would love to keep this tread going so if you have any more please post.

Sox

New in Town
Thanks Douglas. My dad said he didn't wear the side cap much, so it is in great condition. The officers' hat is in good condition as well except for some wear on the sweat band. Too bad he didn't get to keep his flying helmet.:(
The RCAF look very much like the RAAF caps. But that is to be expected.

DOUGLAS

Sorry for not posting here for a while. I have not had time to take out the military caps. Here are a few German caps. I do have an affinity for German caps and uniforms.
German Luftwaffe Staff Officer standard current issue
DSCN3880.jpg

DSCN3882.jpg

German Luftwaffe Field Officer private purchase( I have this entire uniform, it is a Hauptmann from the Wachbataillon)
DSCN3872.jpg

DSCN3874.jpg

German Luftwaffe Staff officer private purchase( I have this entire uniform, it is a Lt.Col.from the molders 74 squadron)
DSCN3876.jpg

DSCN3877.jpg

DSCN3879.jpg

chippler

New in Town
I thought I would get this party started again with my collection of WW2 Aussie slouch hats.

A 1939 dated Tasmania L of C (HQ) slouch hat:

tashq1939.jpg

A 1942 dated Australian electrical and mechanical engineers (other than field units) hat. Named to Lt. Bainbridge

aemeotfu1942.jpg

A 1941 dated Australian engineers slouch hat. Unfortunately a paper tag with that had the former owner's name on it was waterdamaged or eaten by snails (not during my care!) so it is now illegible:

rae1941.jpg

A 1945 dated Australian ordnance corps slouch hat:

raaoc1945.jpg

A 1942 dated AEME hat. My first WW2 dated hat :)

aeme1942.jpg

A 1942 dated 2/4th pioneer btn. hat. Named to SX19628 K.F Wilson. It's a part of his uniform set and equipment I own:

pioneer1942.jpg

A 1942 dated Anti-aircraft unit hat. Named to VX35017 Lt. G.A Ruddock. Also a part of his uniform set I own:

aa1942.jpg

A 1944 dated 2/27th infantry battalion slouch hat:

227a1944.jpg

chippler

New in Town
A 1945 dated 9th division HQ slouch hat:

9th1945.jpg

A 1943 dated 2/9th infantry battalion slouch hat. Named to QX3751 C.S Baxter, who transferred to the 7th carrier company at the end of the war due to illness:

29th1943.jpg

A 1942 dated Australian engineers hat. Named to VX69069 J.R Matters:

rae1942.jpg

A 1944 dated AEME hat. Associated with VX92122 H.E Mills. This hat is a part of his uniform set I own:

aeme1944.jpg

A WW2 2/7th infantry battalion slouch hat. Whilst its liner is removed this hat dates from around 1942-1945:

27th.jpg

Anyway I hope you enjoyed looking at my collection. I have two more WW2 dated hats in the mail and will post them when I get a chance.

- Chris

DOUGLAS

HOLY COW:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That is amazing. I am truely impressed.You have an absolutely stunning collection. My hat is off to you. Thank you!!!

chippler

New in Town
deanglen said:
TEE-RIFFICK hats, Chippler. Aussies have style! Thanks for posting them!

dean

thanks, dean. The Aussies certainly did have style ;)

Funnily enough I found a few of these in America. The GI's stationed over here must have loved them.

- Chris

chippler

New in Town
my latest purchase... a 1941 dated 2/1st Independent Company slouch hat. Most of this company was captured on the island of New Ireland by Japanese Marines in 1942.

21stcdo.jpg

- Chris

DOUGLAS

Maybe it is just me but I like the this type of cap. I also miss the days when officers wore these in the field.

DOUGLAS

Hey Jkingrph, thanks for the info. I have wondered about that. The reason I mentioned it to be a Lt.Col. is because there is a name and rank on the sweat band. I would think having your name in the hat would come in handy when there are more than two laying in front of you.

DOUGLAS

Wow, Pat_H, those are terrific sites. I love that 1st hat pictured. Thanks for that source. I bet Dean would enjoy that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats