Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

WW2WaltUSMC

New in Town
The USMC still issues the green wooly pully service sweater to all Marines in boot camp. I keep mine in the back of my jeep for emergency warming layering. I still have my USAF blue v-neck somewhere, I need to find it. I think it would look nice with a white shirt, red patterned tie, and grey trousers. I have a synthetic grey crew neck from ralph lauren I wear quite often with jeans.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I think i'll be ordering next month an army green and a black woolly pully both round necks with the pen pockets too.
Sounds good. I have one green ith pen pockets, one without! I wore my black one yesterday - very nice! [It doesn't have pen pockets but does have shoulder straps.]

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Sounds good. I have one green ith pen pockets, one without! I wore my black one yesterday - very nice! [It doesn't have pen pockets but does have shoulder straps.]

Good afternoon,

Most of mine have the shoulder straps and a couple have pen pockets too which come in useful. I have a German army one that has a pocket on the chest too that can take a wallet or mobile which is handy too.. I ordered another chunkie from that firm you mentioned in Cornwall, the one I had from them before Christmas was excellent. Rgds. (Hvg email problems at the moment.)

Last edited:

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Good afternoon,

Most of mine have the shoulder straps and a couple have pen pockets too which come in useful. I have a German army one that has a pocket on the chest too that can take a wallet or mobile which is handy too.. I ordered another chunkie from that firm you mentioned in Cornwall, the one I had from them before Christmas was excellent. Rgds. (Hvg email problems at the moment.)

Hello Steve, sorry about the email problems. The pen pockets are indeed useful. My dark brown and dark grey woolly pullies arrived today and I am extremely pleased with them!

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Hello Steve, sorry about the email problems. The pen pockets are indeed useful. My dark brown and dark grey woolly pullies arrived today and I am extremely pleased with them!

That order arrived with you quickly, with this cold weather coming back, the pullovers will be appriciated no doubt. I will be ordering mine next month. The Chunkie I ordered last week came today, another great sweater. Rgds.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
That order arrived with you quickly, with this cold weather coming back, the pullovers will be appriciated no doubt. I will be ordering mine next month. The Chunkie I ordered last week came today, another great sweater. Rgds.

It's great that the cold weather's coming back a- nice excuse to wear traditional thick woolly sweaters. Yes, I am delighted to add the brown and dark grey to my collection of military knitwear.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
One aspect of the military woolly pully that I like very much is the turn back cuffs, which I think look great and reach further back than those of most sweaters.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I think it's the ribbed wool that makes them special. I'm wearing my new Dark Grey Mix one today and am very happy with it!

Yes, these type of sweaters always look smart and are just as good when working in the office, or relaxing at home or in the pub. (I happen to be wearing a Navy Blue Vee Neck Woolly Pully now at work) Rgds.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Yes, these type of sweaters always look smart and are just as good when working in the office, or relaxing at home or in the pub. (I happen to be wearing a Navy Blue Vee Neck Woolly Pully now at work) Rgds.

Yes, I absoluetly agree! I m back in the grey mix today, having worn the dark brown all weekend. They are SO comfy.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
A good decision. I hope you like them. I think you said Army green and black.

Hallo, Yes, Army Green & Black plus RAF Blue / Grey and also in their work wear section, they have a wool roll neck cardigan, with patches, epps & pockets, so I will go for that too.

I have been looking too for a Navy Blue Submariner Sweater, ACE cafe said they will look to see if they can find one, but I put those words into google and foudn a website called grandprixlegends.com and they have them there along with the white one.

(Tks for PM, I do still hv email probs, but I think i may of been succesfull sending u a pm.) Rgds.

Rgds

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Very good choices. Thanks for the tip about the wool roll neck cardigan and the navy blue sub sweater - I did have one of these but grew out of it. Will replace when I have room in my wardrobe! Have the white equivalent and love it.

Your PMs arrived safely. I have replied to them.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Very good choices. Thanks for the tip about the wool roll neck cardigan and the navy blue sub sweater - I did have one of these but grew out of it. Will replace when I have room in my wardrobe! Have the white equivalent and love it.

Your PMs arrived safely. I have replied to them.

Yes that is the only thing with buying more garments, you run out of room to store them!.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Good afternoon, Do you recall what the delivery time was from Outdoor Knitwear. Rgds Steve.

Hello Steve, Sorry to be so slow. The delivery time is usually around 2-3 days. Give them a phone call if they haven't turned up. The sizing and quality are excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21