Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miss Pettigew Lives for a Day trailer

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/trailer/me60988068/

In the 1939-set romantic tale, Miss Guinevere Pettigrew (Fraces McDormand), a middle-aged London governess, finds herself unfairly dismissed from her job. An attempt to gain new employment catapults her into the glamorous world and dizzying social whirl of an American actress and singer, Delysia Lafosse (Amy Adams). Within minutes, Miss Pettigrew finds herself swept into a heady high-society milieu - and, within hours, living it up.

GREAT sets and clothes. It comes out in March.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I saw the trailer for this too. It looks visually scrumptious but I'm a bit skeptical if they can pull off the madcap comedy element. I'm keeping an open mind though, since previews are often pitched to the lowest common denominator. I'll be interested in seeing what kind of reviews this one gets.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
This movie is out nationwide today (unless you live in Erie, PA - 25 movie screens all showing crap).

From Stephen Holder at the NY Times to People magazine, it has been getting rave reviews!

Vintage Rules!

Just saw it!

I loved it! I took my daughter and we both got a big kick out of it - it's well done in my opinion and of course sets/clothing etc was beyond fabulous.

Plus, I really liked the story and it had that fun quirky British sensibility to that I adore in Wooster and Jeeves etc but not quite as ludicrous.

I really recommend seeing it!

DVD for me when it comes out....

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
The new issue of Entertainment Weekly (issue #983) has a short interview with the production designer of said movie. It has a nice photo of Miss Pettigrew's living room.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

VictorAtomic

Familiar Face
Hello All,

I saw the movie last night and I must say the flat the lead (Amy Adams) was living in was AMAZING!!! Talk about a beautiful Art Deco home...Gold Clouds is what I want!!! Great great wardrobe and makeup as well.

However sadly the story line was a bit rushed and lackluster ... although this movie was beautiful to the eye the story line needed much help. Matinee or Rental would be the best money for the movie since its not bad but its not the best.

btw How about the big Blue eyed lad ;)

-V

ShortClara

One Too Many
It was so much fun! Just pure fun - that's all I can say. And eye candy - clothes, sets and the luscious Lee Pace. Mmmmmm!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw