Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missabe, version 2

D

Deleted member 16736

What is the leather on this jacket? Looks great whatever it is, and how did you get a vintage patina so fast???

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
It's made of goatskin. Didn't really need breaking in as it was nice and supple. Just put it on and wore it... no fancy tricks here!:p
030.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
No need to apologise. I would never have thought it was goatskin either due to the way it has broken in. The only goatskin I have experience with is the military spec stuff and this doesn't look much like that. If you look closely you can see the pebbly grain.

It's very light, maybe slightly lighter than mid weight HH. Either way that suits me as I'm not a big fan of jackets made with heavy hides.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I'm not 100% sure if Mark dyed the leather seal brown or if it came to him that way. I know it was that colour before he started making it, here's some snaps he sent me.
resizedgoat3.jpg

resizedgoat1.jpg

Tony B

One of the Regulars
I must admit when I first looked I thought uh goat not interested but once I saw the closeup shots and saw it wearing in I was wondering quite what I was looking at, I have never seen goatskin age like that, it's the best bit of goat I have ever seen.

I have some old goat skins that I have had lying around the house for at least 22 years and the things still look brand new...boring as hell.

That pikkie he sent you really doesn't do it justice.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I thought "yea why not?" when saw the hide photos but never thought it was going to look as good as it does now.

I'm sure Mark will have some input to why this goatskin is different... Mark?

fishmeok

Vendor
Hello

That goat was a one off find- it's more of a thick glove leather type of hide. I wish I could get more but only had enough for one jacket. Since I only make a few jackets a month everything I do is usually unique in some way or another. Aside from some drum dyed brown goat I can get that is very soft but not period looking, everything else is the stiffer veg-tanned M-422A type of hide.

Thanks
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace