Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Model A Ford Ads book!

Jupiter

New in Town
Wow, I have just finished reading the most wonderful book! It's called _Advertising the Model A Ford: A Collector's Guide to Model A Ford Magazine Advertising_, by Jim Thomas. It presents EVERY Model A Ford ad from the late 1920s and early 1930s in gorgeous full color, and with lots of inset "detail shots" that really bring the ads to life. Anyone who loves the style of those long-lost days... the cars, the clothing, the architecture, and so on... will love this large hardback book. Those who have already seen some of these vintage ads know that Ford and it's advertising artists worked hard to present the Model A as the car of the "smart set." Seriously, everything in my life ground to a halt as I immersed myself in the beauty of these ads... poof, 4 hours disappeared in what was the best reading I've spent in years! I know that many of you on the Fedora Lounge would appreciate knowing about this book. You can read all about it if you Google the title and author. The website also has lots of sample pages and info on ordering. Maybe your public library has it by now, if you don't want to pay the 40 bucks. But believe me, it's worth every penny. This one's a keeper.

Jupiter

ps - I guess that I should say that I have no connection to the author or publisher... I just thought this book was fascinating!

Flivver

Practically Family
The ads for the Ford Model A were among the nicest in the Golden Era. Edsel Ford had seen to it that the Model A was styled in the image of the Lincoln...the similarities are quite obvious. So the A was pitched not only to the masses but also as a second or third car for the wealthy. Society ladies, in particular, liked the Model A for its style and easy handling around town.

Ford even offered the Model A in a Town Car bodystyle with an open chauffeur's compartment up front.

I'm definetly going to check out this book. Thanks for posting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner