Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern codet quality?

TLW '90

Practically Family
I found this NOS Codet Northland wool jacket on Ebay and really liked the color, before I could really think much the seller gave me an offer I couldn't refuse and I bought it.
s-l400 (21).jpg

s-l400 (22).jpg

For the price I payed I just had to take a gamble on it.

It's a 65% wool blend which isn't great, but it's fully lined and I believe is only going to be a 17oz wool so it should fit the bill perfectly for what I had in mind.

I don't know if this will be a good example to judge their current Big Bill line by but from what I see in jacket specs listed on their site I imagine this being about the same as they're doing today.
I do not know just how recent this jacket is though, it seems like they only do the big bil line today.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
What type of insulation is inside the lining?

I don't think any company is making a jacket shell of 26 or 28 oz. wool these days. To get a new wool jacket that is warm, it has to be insulated.

TLW '90

Practically Family
What type of insulation is inside the lining?

I don't think any company is making a jacket shell of 26 or 28 oz. wool these days. To get a new wool jacket that is warm, it has to be insulated.
I'm not sure what it is, just a quilted lining of some kind.

This is going to be a lightweight jacket which is what I wanted.

TLW '90

Practically Family
s-l400 (23).jpg

I guess the lining is 100% nylon, I'm not sure what kind of insulation there might be but it doesn't seem to be particularly thick whatever it is.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I’ve got some big bill hunting gear. They’re great for the money. Not Filson or old Woolrich but very respectable. Their wool pants are hard to beat.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I just got the jacket today, and I would guess the wool is at least 20oz.
The tag is calling this a " weekend jackshirt ".
20220925_123905.jpg

It's from the northern escape line I guess .
20220925_124100.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider