Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern flicks and wardrobes

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hi gals, just finished watching A Walk In The Clouds~ one of my favorites! I just love the hair and dresses. I really like Victoria's hair and maroon dress with hat and overcoat while she's on the bus.

I have to watch the same ol' over and over, as we don't have a tv antennea or cable. We never hooked it up when we bought our house because we knew as soon as we did we'd sit in front of it and not work on our old house! It's been over three years. I've gone without tv before. But now I'm really missing my TCM and other cable stations.

What are some of your favorite modern flicks?

O

Geraldine

New in Town
Chicago, Bullets Over Broadway, The Cat's Meow, Gosford Park, Bugsy, Pearl Harbor, The Notebook, Quills, Titanic, I know I'm forgetting a lot. But those are some of the movies that I think have the greatest wardrobes..off the top of my head

decodoll

Practically Family
The Phantom of the Opera (I want all her corsets :) ...well...and the Phantom, but that's another thread!), Moulin Rouge, The Aviator, Chicago, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and Swing Shift.

swinggal

One Too Many
'The Cats' Meow' is great for the late 20s and another movie that really gets it right is 'League of their Own'. I can't fault it. Not hair, the clothing, the language - its just right!

'Delovely' wasn't too bad eother, I loved her wedding gown and the way she wore her hair. If I ever marry I will defiatley wear a 1930s bias cut dress and fingerwaves.

'Enigma' is another great movie for getting it right. Every single person who is an extra in theat movie is perfect, and there are hundreds. For some reason, the English get wardrobe done very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy