Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern "Grizzly" Jackets?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
In 2019 I picked up an Aero leather Grizzly
Leather colour: Seal Jerky Horsehide
Fur Colour: Dark Brown
Zippers: Antique Brass
Collar: Fur
For the past 7 years, I have wanted a Grizzly but was too shy to buy one. The main reason was, I was nervous about wearing such a bold statement jacket. The second reason was, I am a man that is above average size. I stand at 6'4'' and 270 pounds. View attachment 285336 View attachment 285341 View attachment 285340

Looks Great skycapt... you wear it well.. tucked or untucked..

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For the past 7 years, I have wanted a Grizzly but was too shy to buy one. The main reason was, I was nervous about wearing such a bold statement jacket. The second reason was, I am a man that is above average size. I stand at 6'4'' and 270 pounds.
SkyCapt.,
When you’re that big man, I think you can wear whatever the hell you want!

MrProper

For the past 7 years, I have wanted a Grizzly but was too shy to buy one. The main reason was, I was nervous about wearing such a bold statement jacket. The second reason was, I am a man that is above average size. I stand at 6'4'' and 270 pounds. View attachment 285336 View attachment 285341 View attachment 285340

Very cool and it looks really good on you. I am not brave enough for this.
btw at least on the photos that looks more like less than 270 to me.
Greetings from a 6'5" :D

By the way, I wear everything untucked. even the shirts for suits. Lol

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

Looks great, nothing to be shy about.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

That looks great on you! Good choice to go with a grizzly, they are a lot of fun to wear!

You and the jacket look familiar from somewhere, did Aero feature you on their Instagram or something? It feels like I’ve seen the pictures somewhere else before.

willyto

One Too Many
That looks good on you!

I am a bit sad because I’ve had my Himel Grizzly for 1-2 years(?) and although I have been wearing it a lot and I love it... certain fit issues bother me too much.

Sleeve lenght for starters is too short. My wrists are uncovered and my shirts stick out. Also the front lenght drop is a bit too long for my tastes.

I have been considering selling it but I like it so much!

Mich486

One Too Many
I love it and I think you wear it very well @SkyCapt.

Grizzlies aren’t exactly the plain Janes of leather jackets but imho there are so many styles that look much more out there that people don’t think twice about wearing.

jonbuilder

I was like you, wanted one but convinced i would never wear it, i was lucky to find one on eBay for a good deal and it has been one of my most worn winter jacket ever since.
I felt like a lunatic wearing it for the first time, you definitely get a lot of weird looks, but i would still highly recommend a grizzly to anyone.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-leather-grizzly.95411/
That Aero Grizzly looks good on you Carlos. Not sure if I could pull off wearing a grizzly

Edward

Bartender
Dammit, I want a Griz bad.... SJC did offer them a couple of years ago but I didn't have the spare cash at the time. I've long wanted an Aero version, so I'll probably go there first and maybe later an SJC in whichever colour I don't go Aero in...

There is also the Schott El Camino:
View attachment 77185
I like the look of this jacket a lot in the photos I have seen, but I can't see myself wearing one.

Back when I visited Aero in 2014, Murray told me that they get a lot of guys from Japan ordering D-pockets and the likes with this look on the front. Achingly cool; my main worry would just be if the hair fell out.

The SJC Griz was very cool and priced very affordably as well. It takes a serious degree of confidence to wear one...I don't know if I posses it. At some point I'll need to find out.
View attachment 77187
View attachment 77188

By my reckoning, if I can wear an Irvin or a B3 and still smile politely at the n millionth time of asking "where's the Spitfire parked?", I doubt I'll have any problem with a grizz!

A modern interpretation, could be worse but also better... The model is wearing his jacket a size too small imho.

Mn. I'd go a size bigger over the shoulders and about three inches shorter. Jeans with a waistband somewhere higher than six inches short of his actual waist would help too.... It's likely the right size for wearing nothing but a t-shirt under, but why the hell would anyone buy a warm, Winter jacket expecting only ever to wear an undershirt with it? Makes zero sense to me.

Well, it seems to be a trend now. However some still consider it a sloppy look.

I remember doing it in the early 90s; dropped it by my mid 20s as I didn't like how it looked.

That looks good on you!

I am a bit sad because I’ve had my Himel Grizzly for 1-2 years(?) and although I have been wearing it a lot and I love it... certain fit issues bother me too much.

Sleeve lenght for starters is too short. My wrists are uncovered and my shirts stick out. Also the front lenght drop is a bit too long for my tastes.

I have been considering selling it but I like it so much!

FWIW, it didn't look odd that I recollect at all when you wore it in London back when... 2018? I know how something looks to other people and how it feels to the wearer is another matter, though.

Griz looks perfect on you. Man at 6’4 270 you’re made for it. Coming back to this thread I realize this is one of the few styles I’ve not yet taken a crack at.

dannyk

One Too Many
Griz looks perfect on you. Man at 6’4 270 you’re made for it. Coming back to this thread I realize this is one of the few styles I’ve not yet taken a crack at.
100% agree do it. Since you’re now in the design business and have worked with Shawn/5* so many times. Why not see if you can create another masterpiece and break new ground with them again? Could be really special!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I’ve been plenty tempted. My fear is that it’ll be one of those jackets that only gets worn around the house, because I won’t have the balls to wear it out. I did genuinely love that SJC version with the shawl collar. If I could find one of those (the black version) it would be a done deal.

If only there was a maker who totally did custom jobs that was tried and tested and you knew how to size yourself perfectly with. Just send them a photograph of what you wanted along with your measurements and receive a new jacket two weeks later. That would really be something ;)

dannyk

One Too Many
If only there was a maker who totally did custom jobs that was tried and tested and you knew how to size yourself perfectly with. Just send them a photograph of what you wanted along with your measurements and receive a new jacket two weeks later. That would really be something ;)
As they say great minds....and if we both thought this like right away it pretty means Tony has to, right?

SkyCapt.

New in Town
That looks great on you! Good choice to go with a grizzly, they are a lot of fun to wear!

You and the jacket look familiar from somewhere, did Aero feature you on their Instagram or something? It feels like I’ve seen the pictures somewhere else before.
Yes, they did.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
@SkyCapt. IMO your Aero Grizzly looks really great on you and the fit is just perfect! My wife would say, please don't tuck your shirt as it looks cool untucked and more modern :) I actually ordered a Grizzly (pony hair on hide) from Thedi this year, then decided to change the order to a leather Peacoat and about one or two weeks ago I finally decided to change the order again to his most popular cross-zip design....I wished I had the cochones but I prefer to watch postings like yours here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112