Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Stetson Open Road

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I added a size tag shot..

74980-m-0.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice. Is that a keeper, or will you resell it? That's the way to determine current market value: put it up for grabs! (First to fellow loungers, of course!)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
It's called the Hunter's for the Hungry program. They will take hog, deer, bear, elk, ostrich, bison, turkey and process it into steaks, hams, bacon, sausages what have you. They process a donation at a reduced rate. Hunters usually pony up the money themselves to have the meat processed. In several states we have established a foundation where gifts from donors pay for that processing. The processors are overwhelmingly on board and most participate.

That's excellent. Hunger is the only valid reason I know for eating meat. Keep up the good work!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
$82.25 including tax, tag, title, dealer prep and delivery!

If you wanted to sell that hat on E Bay, and chose the right words to describe it, I believe you might ignite a bidding frenzy that reaches $200 or more. I've seen it happen with more ordinary hats. It depends on your ad writing skills. I think $85 is an average price. I myself bought a more modern Open Road 4X at $85 last May. But that was before prices went crazier.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
OK, here it is sorta finished..at least for tonite. I'm hearing mid 70's to early 80's an age. Please don't be mean, I only had kitchen utensils to work with. It needs tweaking, but I'm tired. Gonna just sit, wear it, watch tv,drink some wild turkey, and wink at my wife for rest of nite!

75006-m-0.jpg

75004-m-0.jpg

75003-m-0.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Nothing bad there. Looks like you did yourself a decent hand bash on that one. From the liner I would most likely say early 80's. The look of the hat really works on you. Well done!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Big spoon, tea pot, cereal bowl. Lots of brushing (ok, so I did have one hat tool). Thanks for the compliments guys, as I said, I'm used to factory or professional crease jobs, so I may be a little critical. I really like this hat.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I still have not received my new replacement for the defective one, but it should come, perhaps within the next two or three days? I don't know, but once I get it, I'll wear it on hikes and stuff, maybe even to my campus once in a while. The Federation IV is the widest brimmed hat I've worn there so far, so I'm sure this isn't too much of a stretch for me. I think I am used to somewhat wide brimmed hats, although not anything past three inches.

KBGummy

New in Town
Finally won a modern OR on eBay last week and I got it today. Stickers on the box and inside the hat say it's from Meyer the Hatter. Looks like it was originally purchased Feb 2006. Though my original intention was to try my hands at reshaping the crown, I have decided to hold off and wear it as is for now. I gave it a good brushing a while ago and found it to be quite dusty. It's almost as if it had been purposely sprinkled with fine powder. I'm not even sure if I got it all. Given that this is a modern Stetson, should I be concerned about wearing this in the rain?

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Don't worry about the rain. It will just get softer. The "dust" may have just been cornstarch or such that's used to clean the hat. The same happened to me. It does pay to get it off as best can so as not to turn to paste. Don't forget you vacuum cleaner with a clean brush head on it.
Tom D.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I still have not received my new replacement for the defective one, but it should come, perhaps within the next two or three days? I don't know, but once I get it, I'll wear it on hikes and stuff, maybe even to my campus once in a while. The Federation IV is the widest brimmed hat I've worn there so far, so I'm sure this isn't too much of a stretch for me. I think I am used to somewhat wide brimmed hats, although not anything past three inches.

Anything past three inches is really, really wide.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I saw a '60s' vintage OR on the bay yesterday. Guy has an extremely long description, starts out immaculate, then has just two 'tiny' moth nibbles, and a hole in the 'black sweat band' My question is, is this guy trying to rip folks off, or did stetson go to black bands earlier than what everyone is saying?

KBGummy

New in Town
Here are some pictures of the OR I picked up last week. I've received some nice compliments from friends but I am not entirely sold on it yet. It sits a little too high on my head with the current crease (too much space I see between my ears and the brim). Will try it out for a few more days. If I'm not convinced, I will probably put it up for trade.

OR1.jpg

OR2.jpg

OR3.jpg

OR4.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy