Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Money Clip question

Lou

One of the Regulars
I started carrying a money clip years ago when I found one I had to have at Tiffany in San Francisco, It was a large, gold paper clip. I eventually lost it :eusa_doh: , have since had a few others, and now just carry my bills folded in my front pocket. I prefer it to using my wallet. Along with the point above about spinal issues, having my cash in my front pocket is more secure. Also, I often carry my wallet in my messenger bag and don't want to go through the unclipping and unzipping every time I need to pay for something.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Maybe it's where I grew up, but I don't want anyone to see my green except the person I'm handing it too, and then it's only the amount they're getting.

I have a wallet with a slimmer removable portion inside for a few bills and cards for when I'm wearing a suit.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Bustercat said:
Maybe it's where I grew up, but I don't want anyone to see my green except the person I'm handing it too, and then it's only the amount they're getting.

I have a wallet with a slimmer removable portion inside for a few bills and cards for when I'm wearing a suit.

I'm the same way, that's why I am not sure about a clip. But I like the idea of it for evenings out, kinda the same way a woman will put the important things in a smaller hand bag to go on a date.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Bustercat said:
But say you're in a line or at a bar, won't everyone standing behind/around you see the transaction? And what if you don't have exact change? I don't know, I grew up in Chicago and NYC and I've never been afraid to carry cash in a clip. [huh]

Elgin1924

New in Town
I decided today that I wanted a money clip, but didn't want one badly enough to buy one. So I made one out of an old teaspoon.

Hammer it flat, bend the handle around a broom shaft, and you're all done.

I found it quite fun, and it works a charm!

Tommy

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Here are the three I use: Vintage Cartier (18k) from my father. 80's Tiffany in sterling (with matching links and belt buckle- never ingraved and never worn together ;) ) and a Tumi clip/card case combo, which probably gets the most use.

Shoes404.jpg

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
Here are the three I use: Vintage Cartier (18k) from my father. 80's Tiffany in sterling (with matching links and belt buckle- never ingraved and never worn together ;) ) and a Tumi clip/card case combo, which probably gets the most use.

Shoes404.jpg
I love the Cartier, since the starting of this this thread I have begun to consider carrying a clip, only problem is finding a nice vintage one. Maybe I'll stop by my favorite hat/antique shop tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner