Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MONKS BIRTHDAY

WEEGEE

Practically Family
90-years-ago today ---Thelonious Sphere Monk (October 10, 1917 – February 17, 1982)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelonious_Monk

He could wear a hat!!!

tmonk2.jpg

And my Monk inspired hat from Art...

MFMONK1TIGHT.jpg

MONKRIBBON1W.jpg

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
“Well, I enjoy doing it. That’s all I wanted to do anyway. I guess, you know, if I didn’t make it with the piano, I guess I would have been the biggest bum.”

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Dig it!

The Columbia U station in NYC, WKCR-FM, is in the midst of a 25-hour marathon of Monk's music. I was just listening to some great trio recordings from the 50s in my car.

Check it out: 89.9 FM in the NY area, and streaming online at wkcr.org!

analogist

One of the Regulars
CELEBRATION

WEEGEE;

You do your jazz hero proud!. Yes, TSM certainly could wear a hat and in that department you are certainly no slouch. Your AF Monk is certainly one to wear today. I am very pleased we were able to celebrate a bit early last week and I suppose in spirit Monk joined us at that fine eaterie.

analogist

J.B.

Practically Family
Interesting that in photos in this thread, Thelonious' hats all would seem to sport mini-alpine/cattleman-like creases??! :cool:

Anyway, the Monk is one of your sharpest lids, WEEGEE! :cool2:

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Sorry I missed this yesterday. Monk not only had great musical talent,but a whole lot of great style which your Monk-ish tribute hat does just right. Now It's time for me to dig out that original mono vinyl of "Monk's Time"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran