Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moonshiner with a sunburst back - thoughts please

zebedee

One Too Many
I was thinking of this and wondered if it would work. I want a button-up jacket with a sunburst back and thought of either the Mulligan (with the chest pocket removed) or the Moonshiner. I reckon battered tan with off-white stitching.

J.

I think it would work but for my taste maybe a bit too busy when combined with a button front. I feel like those elaborate backs are such a statement that the front of the jacket should be extra simple.

zebedee

One Too Many
Yeah, I'm starting to think of something less 'adorned', too. Something in battered tan with a button front. Hmmmm.

Teamster
Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 7.06.00 AM.png

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Go for a stock Moonshiner. Then post it here so that I could add more pictures to my abysmal Moonshiner picture collection. Would love to get one myself one day.

jadub

A-List Customer
I've been thinking moonshiner as well but find it a little subdued. I like the back on the original herc. Maybe something like that would be a nice comprimise. What leather are you thinking? I was thinking natural but am not sure. I'm not able to get a good sense of it in my head. I don't currently have the funds for a new jacket but after going through the order process on Aero's website for fun it came out to be a little less expensive than a Thedi. Being that I already have a couple of Aero's I'm thinking I would scrap the moonshiner idea and get a Thedi.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
The Aero prices got pretty rough after the recent price increase. Makes me wish I had ordered 2 jackets instead of one during the sale. ~590 sale price vs 750 current price.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that the Sunburst back would look great on the Moonshiner, as would the original Hercules back. If I were going to order the jacket it would be black with olive drab stitching because that’s how I roll.

zebedee

One Too Many
Yeah, I've developed a liking for Aero's black leathers, too. I have a Plainsman in black jerky (not sure about it, waiting for a bit of patina, although got it primarily because I wanted something longer than the old Highwayman to bash the bejesus out of in appalling weather) and a Café Racer in blackened brown Vicenza, which is great. My previous Stockman in black is up for sale on the used page as it wasn't seeing enough use in HK.

If I get another button-style jacket, I'd like it in black goat if possible, or a lighter black FQHH. I'd get another Maxwell, but, if a Moonshiner is the same length, might be wiser to get that.

I'd also like something in battered tan (the last Café Racer I had one in was too small) - a Sunburst back in battered tan would be good. We'll see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner