Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Useful Pocket Setup ?

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Agreed, but I also like one chest pocket as well. The others are all (to me) for form, which is fine. My only real pocket peeve on any jacket is when zips are closed in the "up" position. Just never made sense to me...

A good point. I never even use my chest pockets (as it would too awkward to actually get my hands in them), but the way chest pockets break up the lines of the jacket makes it visually pleasing IMO.

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
A good point. I never even use my chest pockets (as it would too awkward to actually get my hands in them), but the way chest pockets break up the lines of the jacket makes it visually pleasing IMO.

The chest pockets are useful for things you want to keep handy but not your hand warming pockets. For instance, a parking ticket maybe. It keeps it more secure but still more accessible than the interior pocket.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Agreed on the chest pocket, mainly for looks to "balance" a jacket. I rarely use these, also keeps the pocket blousing nice and tight. But I can't live without cargo pockets of some sort. Really useful for putting manly stuff in! ha.

If you were looking specifically at an long Aero Teamster (29"), which cargo pocket sounds best : Flap (like VDR), Flap/Handwarmer (LHB), Patch (Stockman), or Flap & Chest (Cheyenne)?? Again, this is assuming the lovely folks at Aero would approve the pocket mod.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If you were looking specifically at an long Aero Teamster (29"), which cargo pocket sounds best : Flap (like VDR), Flap/Handwarmer (LHB), Patch (Stockman), or Flap & Chest (Cheyenne)?? Again, this is assuming the lovely folks at Aero would approve the pocket mod.
My Teamster conforms exactly like the one on Aero's website with the exception of an inside vertical pocket without closure. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing.
IMG_5500.JPG

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
So is the teamster meant to be a longer jacket. I've seen lengths all over the place. I always thought it was a 3/4 length jacket, say a 28 to 30 inch back.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
So is the teamster meant to be a longer jacket. I've seen lengths all over the place. I always thought it was a 3/4 length jacket, say a 28 to 30 inch back.
My Teamster has a 28.5" back. As a point of reference I am 6'2". The hand warmer pockets work great for me.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Everyone has different needs but I've seen versions of the Teamster on folks look like a 3/4 (which I like) and then a short half belt style (not a fan). And no matter what, I need the cargo / flap pockets to put things in. My hands go in my jean pockets more than the hand warmers. Looks less suspicious ! hah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran