Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

movie hats that inspired you...

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
And here is the original Father Mulcahy, Rene Auberjonois, from the 1970 film M*A*S*H. I don't think he wore a hat. Just a bit of trivia.

679-11726.gif

The character in the film was very different from, and not nearly as respected as the character in the TV series.

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Bobby Canavale's character "Rosetti" was wearing a beautiful thin ribbon silverbelly hat last Sunday night on Boardwalk Empire. I'd love to take a closer look at that hat. In previous episodes he has mostly been wearing Homburgs but this is a wide brim hat and looked great on him.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Bobby Canavale's character "Rosetti" was wearing a beautiful thin ribbon silverbelly hat last Sunday night on Boardwalk Empire. I'd love to take a closer look at that hat. In previous episodes he has mostly been wearing Homburgs but this is a wide brim hat and looked great on him.
BWE is like ecstasy for us hat junkies :)

the hat Rosetti wore was sweet, though his character is psychotic hothead.

Landman

One Too Many
Javier,

Boardwalk Empire is a hat junkies dream. I get so caught up at looking at the hats I have to rewind the show to catch up on what is happening. I wonder if those hats are vintage or if somebody is making them for the show.

"Psychotic" is putting it mildly for Canavale's character! He plays him great and deserves an Emmy for that role.

RBH

Bartender

Here is a shot of Gyps thin ribbon.

gypuv.jpg

A screencap of Richards thin ribbon.

bwthin.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Those are both great looking hats but the silverbelly is really nice. When I first saw it, Richard's reminded me of a Stetson Stratoliner. That wouldn't be period correct for the show but the color and dimensions look like some I've seen.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Super Swoopy TAR Wide Brim.
cool how they dont fall off during fight scenes:cool:
I dont know who Super Swoopy is, but the film is Bombero Atomico staring Cantinflas.
Mexican Comedy
The Swoopy starts at 1:19 & the fightin at 2:13
[video=youtube;O-7j3wffdhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7j3wffdhs&feature=player_detailpage#t=0s[/video]:cool:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While not from the flickers

...so technically not movie hats-

woody.jpg
Carradine10.jpg
neilyoung.jpg
dylan-121009.jpg
dylan1975.jpg
Huggy.jpg

You see, that was a "cool" look back when I was a lad...

"Now,...you see, back in those days, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J.D. Rockefeller flying by. So I run of the house with a big washtub and... Anyway, about my washtub. I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as... a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Thanksgiving, with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball...
Then there was the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...wait, what?"

burns-grampa.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy