Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

movie hats that inspired you...

m0nk

One Too Many
I've been messing with my homburgs today. This Carlson is really spectacular, and I put a similar crease in it that was in Tom Hardy's aforementioned fedora, and adjusted the brim significantly. Now it kind of embodies all of my favorite hats in the movie rolled into one!

029lg.jpg

033is.jpg
That is one really cool Homburg!

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
The hat worn by Clint in High plains drifter has always made my heart beat that little bit faster..............so recently I decided to make a rain hat out of waxed leather freely inspired but not screen accurate on this unique head piece.........the model by the way, was Wilsons stunt double.....

2012_0623tracks0133.jpg

2012_0623tracks0132.jpg

StokerCat

New in Town
III. The Man With No Name hat. This is fantastic western hat. It's almost as iconic as the Indiana Jones hat, but representing the western, rather than the traditional adventure genre.

For_Few_Dollars_More_8.jpg

I recently bought a Wrangler hat by Miller Bros. that I've bashed into a Man With No Name Hat because it's a great freakin' hat. Does anyone know where I can get a hatband like the one from the films without spending $60?

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Does anyone know where I can get a hatband like the one from the films without spending $60?
Great hat indeed. Cannot find a good picture of the hatband, however, but it seems like black leather...(?) If so, I'd bet any shoemaker or cobbler could whip one up in no time at all and for far less than $60... I paid €10 for a leather hat band (for a different sort of hat) recently...

StokerCat

New in Town
Thank you. It is black leather, yes, but it has a distinct pattern that I like very much and I think is iconic and essential to the hat. The hat that I bashed looks a good deal like the movie hat but the band looks nothing like it and it makes a huge difference. Especially when my hat doesn't have the bound edge on the brim.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Can't tell from the picture but does the band have tooling in it? If so, it's not too hard to do yourself with a small investment in tools. And then you'd have a new and hopefully profitable hobby, as well.

StokerCat

New in Town
Thanks, Jared. I thought I had replied in the other threads but I've been crazy busy. That band isn't bad looking but it's not close to screen accurate. The one that Desert Dan posted is close but it was a one off by a friend of a blogger somewhere. I appreciate the effort from both of you though. I guess there aren't many images online but hopefully this one will sow the 3 different shots of it.

http://hollywoodprop.com/fistful_Dollars_ani.gif

buler

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Jared. I thought I had replied in the other threads but I've been crazy busy. That band isn't bad looking but it's not close to screen accurate. The one that Desert Dan posted is close but it was a one off by a friend of a blogger somewhere. I appreciate the effort from both of you though. I guess there aren't many images online but hopefully this one will sow the 3 different shots of it.

http://hollywoodprop.com/fistful_Dollars_ani.gif

Here are some cropped screencaps I made of it.

B

eastwood_band_2.JPG

eastwood_band_6.JPG

eastwood_band_7.JPG

eastwood_band_9.JPG

eastwood_band_10.JPG

eastwood_band_11.JPG

eastwood_band_17.JPG

TomS

One Too Many
Most recently, The Boardwalk Empire. I like the Fedora Enoch's brother is wearing this season.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hat that got me into hats was Eastwood's hat in Hang 'em High. I really liked its no-nonsense simplicity. Somehow I ended up at TFL and the rest is history.

214427.jpg
EAST-10.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy