Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

basbol13

A-List Customer
That's the real death photo of Bill Doolin. Not from a movie, no hat, disrespectful & not funny.

Doolin's first encounter with the law came on July 4, 1891, in Coffeyville in southeastern Kansas. Doolin and some friends were drunk in public, and lawmen attempted to confiscate their alcohol. A shootout ensued, and two of the lawmen were wounded. Doolin escaped capture by fleeing from Coffeyville

On September 1, 1893, fourteen deputy U.S. marshals entered Ingalls, Oklahoma, to apprehend the Doolin gang, in what became known as the Battle of Ingalls. During the shootout that followed, three marshals were killed, two bystanders were killed and one wounded, three of the gang members were wounded, and gang member "Arkansas Tom Jones" was wounded and captured. Doolin shot and killed Deputy Marshal Richard Speed during that shootout.
Disrespect a killer? A robber? A drunk? How about Marshall Speed, three other marshals, two bystanders, how much respect do you think he had for them?
WHATEVER!!!!

Doolin's first encounter with the law came on July 4, 1891, in Coffeyville in southeastern Kansas. Doolin and some friends were drunk in public, and lawmen attempted to confiscate their alcohol. A shootout ensued, and two of the lawmen were wounded. Doolin escaped capture by fleeing from Coffeyville

On September 1, 1893, fourteen deputy U.S. marshals entered Ingalls, Oklahoma, to apprehend the Doolin gang, in what became known as the Battle of Ingalls. During the shootout that followed, three marshals were killed, two bystanders were killed and one wounded, three of the gang members were wounded, and gang member "Arkansas Tom Jones" was wounded and captured. Doolin shot and killed Deputy Marshal Richard Speed during that shootout.
Disrespect a killer? A robber? A drunk? How about Marshall Speed, three other marshals, two bystanders, how much respect do you think he had for them?
WHATEVER!!!!
In your Googlefu you failed to mention that Doolin had himself been a well respected lawman which was common in those days. No one here has disrespected Speed & the others by posting their death pictures & making poor jokes. Beginning with your OP what does any of this have to do with "Movie Hats"? This is the Movie Hat thread.

basbol13

A-List Customer
In your Googlefu you failed to mention that Doolin had himself been a well respected lawman which was common in those days. No one here has disrespected Speed & the others by posting their death pictures & making poor jokes. Beginning with your OP what does any of this have to do with "Movie Hats"? This is the Movie Hat thread.

You said your piece and I said mine, I think it's time to Stand Down, we don't need to start a Holy War, let's get back to "hats"

Audie Murphy as Bill Doolin in The Cimarron Kid

The-Cimarron-Kid-1280x720.jpg

Randolph Scott as Bill Doolin in The Doolins of Oklahoma
a_duke44.jpg

Back on track?

Tom Selleck as Matthew Quigley in Quigley Down Under ...

7.jpg

With Laura San Giacomo (WHEW !)

quigley-down-under-selleck-with-laura-san-giacomo-3.png

I think the Original was a Shiloh Sharps 45-110 (experimental) ... (reproductions below) ... probably 45-70

Volume1094.jpg
Along the lines of sharp shooters I always liked "Wild Times" with Sam Elliott. There is some small connection with Dr. Adam Bogardus & SW MO where Bob lives but it escapes me at the moment.

1be57e438f.jpg

1be58cee99.jpg

@Hurricane Jack I hope you're convalescing isn't too bad , and you're recovery goes quickly . I need to see Wild Times , I don't think I've ever seen it . Old Sam Elliot can sure play the part .
Thanks Michael! I'm doing better each day.

Ben Johnson played the part of Bogardus. The real Bogardus wrote two books on the art of sharpshooting, toured with Wm F. Cody's Wild West Show, & once held the record of shooting 5,000 glass balls thrown to a height of 8 yards by one of his patented traps, in 500 minutes! He scored only 163 missed shots!

You would enjoy the mini-series if you can find a copy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points