Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Houses/Apartments

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
:eek:fftopic:

Have you read the Chas Addams books that have the cartoons that the Addams Family was based upon? They were in the New Yorker back in the day, but there are lots of book compilations

Heather

Practically Family
I'm sure there are more but off the top of my head Samantha and Darrin Stevens house comes to mind. Also, Lucy and Ricky's Connecticut home.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Wow! This is a great thread.

By far my favorite, would be the Vandamm House in the Hitchcock film North by Northwest. It's consciously based on a Frank Lloyd Wright design. If I won the lottery I'd have a "summer house" made to that design.

Or, to go way over the top, Hatfield House, Hertfordshire, England. Used for both Wayne Manor in Batman (1989), and as Croft Manor, in the Tomb Raider movies.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I think I'd opt for the Dietrichson home in DOUBLE INDEMNITY, which I've visited more than once in the hopes that I might spot Barbara Stanwyck come strolling out the front door.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
:eek:fftopic:

yes, Lurch, trinkets , cobwebs ...and most important, we musn't forget "THING" ..... snap, snap away!!!;) :)

thing.jpg

Thing (as in "why thank you Thing!") was played by which charachter....?

Answer ...Itself!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
I watched American Giggalo on DVD last night, it was made in 1980 and was amazed that "Julians" apartment in some Beverly Hills apartment/motel, had stood the test of time, with its deco curved walls and streamlined metal frame windows, even the kitchen looked good!..... some of the hairdo's and clothes looked a bit dodgy though

Esme

One of the Regulars
I love the house in North by Northwest, I always thought it was a Wright house, so shows what I know. I love Falling Waters although I understand there are a lot of problems with rising damp and all. There was a Frank Lloyd House for sale in Portland a few years ago and I begged my (then) husband to at least go take a look, but no way. I think it had to be moved.
I always wanted to live in Gull Cottage from the Ghost and Mrs Muir, monkey puzzle tree and all.
Liz Taylor's apartment in The Sandpiper was a swinging pad. The apt that Jane Fonda and Robert Redford shared in Barefoot in the Park was cute and reminds me of one of the first places my ex and I lived right after our son was born. The apartment from Rosemary's Baby is nice, too.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Jeremy Irons' house in The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Bogart's small apartment in The Maltese Falcon.
Meryl Streep's farm in Out of Africa.
Indiana Jones' house. I like his newer place better, but both would do.
Bilbo Baggins' house. Round doors!
The house Nick Charles' parents live in in The Thin Man Goes Home.
The place where Bogart and Bergman are when she asks "A franc for your thoughts?"
Plenty of others. I love to view the interior sets in old films closely.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
woment.jpg

I've always loved the country house in The Women--a wonderful kitchen that I can't find a photo of just now. And, of course, there's always Manderley (just fire that housekeeper before you move in).

untitled.jpg

Rebecca_1940_film_poster.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails