Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movin' on out!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, after 6 years at this quaint 1914 farm house (which some of you have visited) it has been brought to our attention that we can’t live here any longer. Reason being that my landlord of 6 years (landlord to my parents for 20) has sold the property to a family who do not wish to continue renting to us.

So, we were given a 30 day notice and I started to look for a new place. I found a place just around the corner from our current place. A quiet little court with the most charming little late 30s early 40s single bedroom places. It was advertised they had vintage kitchens… I jumped on it! So, we talked with the landlord of the property and he’s into restoration and preservation as well… these places have the original green tile and all sorts of fun details. I will provide photos of the place later, it also comes with a garage for the Plymouth!

So, it’s time to say goodbye to the property of my birth, I was born and raised on this property, and have had the same mailing address my whole life. Many good memories here and it will be hard to leave all the personal history behind.

Well, this really is a new year after all.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I just got done moving, good luck to ya! My knees are creaking and popping, I've found stuff in boxes that I haven't seen in a decade or more...it's an adventure. I'm really glad you found an interesting place to rent, I hope you enjoy it.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I'm sorry to hear that you are moving after living in the same house for such a long time. It must be difficult leaving behind so many memories.

On the bright side it's wonderful that you are excited about moving. I'm sure we would all like to see photos of your new home.

59Lark

Practically Family
Twenty six years vs 180 years.

I saw this post and it made me think of my own family who farm steaded land in norwich township in 1802 and we had to sell the farm in 1982. The 25 room farm house i was born in was the third home built on the land. The room that was mine had been my fathers bedroom and his fathers bedroom as a child. The cold upstairs , the flying bats that made me sleep with the sheets over my face still to this day. ITS hard, i have been in this 1915 home with my wife most of our twenty years of marriage. We are hoping to eventually build a retirement home off the grid, in the next ten years but business hasnt been good lately for most and me included. Enjoy your new digs and enjoy the new life in new place 59LARK

shortbow

Practically Family
Good luck FM, I remember my childhood home with great fondness, it and its environs had a good deal to do with shaping me in many ways. But onward and upward. Glad you found a place you like.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Ah, yes. The joys of moving.
moving002.jpg

I'm sure you'll love your new digs. Congrats!
Make sure you label every box so you know what's what when you unpack!

Foofoogal

Banned
Well. All I can say is hang on for the ride. My family had been in Texas since 1858. We moved after living in a home for 15 years and it was very hard.
At least you are in same town but it is a task. I think personally a piece of cake when we are young but not so much later in life. Trying to keep up with stuff and business as well. oyvey..

Hopefully the new home for you will be greater than the one you are having to move out of with such short notice. :eusa_doh:
Definitely have learned a house is not home. The loved ones are..as long as one has them it is everything. I so miss my family and friends.

dhermann1
how did you take a picture of my storage buildings? lol

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
NEW Digs

Forgotten Man said:
Well, after 6 years at this quaint 1914 farm house (which some of you have visited) it has been brought to our attention that we can’t live here any longer. Reason being that my landlord of 6 years (landlord to my parents for 20) has sold the property to a family who do not wish to continue renting to us.

So, we were given a 30 day notice and I started to look for a new place. I found a place just around the corner from our current place. A quiet little court with the most charming little late 30s early 40s single bedroom places. It was advertised they had vintage kitchens… I jumped on it! So, we talked with the landlord of the property and he’s into restoration and preservation as well… these places have the original green tile and all sorts of fun details. I will provide photos of the place later, it also comes with a garage for the Plymouth!

So, it’s time to say goodbye to the property of my birth, I was born and raised on this property, and have had the same mailing address my whole life. Many good memories here and it will be hard to leave all the personal history behind.

Well, this really is a new year after all.

FM post some pics when your settled in your NEW digs! Solid Citizen ;)

Staredge

One of the Regulars
After moving 2.5 times in the space of a year, (moved everything into a storage unit, then into the house) I swore I'd never move again.

Then the wife decided she didn't want to be married anymore. Now I get to do it again!!! (but less than half the crap this time)

Too bad there was no way for you to buy it. (at least I assume....) Sounds like the new digs have an appeal for you though!!! Good luck, and good whiskey!!!! lol

Warbaby

One Too Many
Moving's not so bad. Not counting the 13 times I moved with my parents before I was on my own, I've moved 33 times as an adult. And since I've always been an incorrigible collector of antiques and vintage stuff, packing and unpacking just seems a normal part of daily life...

JennyLou

Practically Family
Sorry to hear that you had to leave your childhood home. On the bright side- it's a fresh new start. Good luck on the mive.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I'm sure you fine folks are very busy with the move. Just wanted to say...still dreaming of green kitchen tiles!

Good luck and post those delicious tile pictures when you can!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, we moved in two days... had some help from friends... however; this move was a huge stress!!! I lost my very first antique... the cast iron pot bellied stove I had since I was 11 years old rolled off the back off my friend's pick-up truck when his moving dolly slid off the back and took the stove with it! yep, it broke in many places... :( :mad: :eek: I was very upset and I wish it didn't happen... oh, how I wish that didn't happen. Such a story to that stove and such personal history... it was a very special piece to my collection.

Aside from that happening, I'm going through stuff and realizing that I have way too much stuff for this single bedroom joint... and the garage is just big enough for some storage but, mostly my car. I'm narrowing down the clothing collection and the radio collection. I may be posting clothes here or more radios... we'll see.

Photos will come when everything is in place... because, right now it's not... it looks like an antique shop exploded in there!lol

Cheers.

Forgotten Man said:
Well, we moved in two days... had some help from friends... however; this move was a huge stress!!! I lost my very first antique... the cast iron pot bellied stove I had since I was 11 years old rolled off the back off my friend's pick-up truck when his moving dolly slid off the back and took the stove with it! yep, it broke in many places... :( :mad: :eek: I was very upset and I wish it didn't happen... oh, how I wish that didn't happen. Such a story to that stove and such personal history... it was a very special piece to my collection.

Aside from that happening, I'm going through stuff and realizing that I have way too much stuff for this single bedroom joint... and the garage is just big enough for some storage but, mostly my car. I'm narrowing down the clothing collection and the radio collection. I may be posting clothes here or more radios... we'll see.

Photos will come when everything is in place... because, right now it's not... it looks like an antique shop exploded in there!lol

Cheers.

Not the stove!:eek: Maybe you can have it fixed in the future. [huh]
Good luck in the new place. I hope everything else survived the move well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner