Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Vintage Twinwood competition....

Edward

Bartender
Hi Folks! Managed to get myself embroiled in this little competition involving Twinwood on Facebook. They are offering some very nice prizes. If those of you on Facebook wouldn't mind throwing a 'like' my way, that would be very much appreciated. Thank-you!

(Mods, please move to somewhere more appropriate if needsbe - couldn't find a Twinwood thread...).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...913275042657.404317.30797112656&type=1&ref=nf

3056_10150917672627657_1417342659_n.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I don't do Facebook, but I will watch out for you at Twinwood. And here's a heads up. Look out for Dusty Limits, compare extraordinaire.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, folks. Ironically (ha!) given the hipster-hate trend round here, last I checked we're all being soundly thrashed by a very hipster looking guy in that poll. lol

I don't do Facebook, but I will watch out for you at Twinwood. And here's a heads up. Look out for Dusty Limits, compare extraordinaire.

Ah, yes - one of the finest on the London scene. Is he appearing at TW?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Thank you to everyone who entered our Mr Vintage Twinwood competition and everyone who voted. The winners are:

1st: Adam Hoffman
2nd: Kevin Marston
3rd: William Keel-Stocker
4th: Dave Phillips

Picture of the winner Adam.
395990_10150917367862657_1402866593_n.jpg

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
It is fair to say the mr(and miss) Twinwood contest is merely a contest of how many likes a picture can get.Presumably one could win with a photo of anything really.A shame really, but there it is.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is fair to say the mr(and miss) Twinwood contest is merely a contest of how many likes a picture can get.Presumably one could win with a photo of anything really.A shame really, but there it is.
Yes. There were some guys with fluffy hair and modern jeans who got many many votes. [huh]

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hi Folks! Managed to get myself embroiled in this little competition involving Twinwood on Facebook.
If your name is Adam Smith, compliments to you. Brilliant rendition of: "Ain't that a kick in the head."
And even if you are not Adam Smith, you must have enjoyed the best ever Twinwood. The highlight for me was Max Raabe and The Palast Orchester http://www.palast-orchester.de/en/ So decadent, so 1930's, so divine. Mind you, the festival goers were so amazingly dressed such a mixed bag, and all the better for it. This event just gets better and better. If you are from foreign shores, save your pennies and try and get yourself to this most memorable, vintage festival.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Just booked our tickets for this year's Twinwood, along with the Motorhome hire that will be our accommodation. Will you be there this year, Edward?

Edward

Bartender
Just booked our tickets for this year's Twinwood, along with the Motorhome hire that will be our accommodation. Will you be there this year, Edward?

Nothing booked as of yet; if there is any availability I might try and see if we can get day tickets at some stage to sample it (the beauty of the Thameslink line running back to London from Bedford all night). A lot hinges on how Mrs Marlowe is by that point; she's had a bit of a health flareup of late and we've not been able to go out this last few months. We'll see where we are in a few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy