Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Music

Irish4

Familiar Face
Music is such a wonderful thing, is it not?.Maybe its just me but I find that music can lift my spirt and let my mind travel off to far away places.Do you ever hear a old song from your past that takes you down memory lane?.As I travel across this great country my radio is on at all times.One day I might be into jazz and the next might be 70's or classic country,at other times it's big band swing (which goes well with a fedora).I think music allows you to somehow escape the confines of your mind and dream of things you want to accomplish or maybe even come up with a solution to a particular situation.Great music even makes doing work a little less boring.So whatever type of music is great to you,play it a little more and relax and enjoy today.Seize the moment.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Absolutely!!
Really think about it. Music can alter your mood, almost instantly. Zero calories, non-addictive ( well, physically), provides mental stimulation (either perking you up or putting you to sleep), entertains, a great source of high level brain process (playing or dancing to music), I mean, It's almost Magical!!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I believe that music is most definitely something important for us humans; throughout history we have made music. Prior to the days of being able to record it (via record, tape, cd, hard drive, etc) families and friends would get together and make live music together. It's obvious that music is something that we need in our lives, and helps complete a part of our personality.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I've often wondered what the world would be like without music. Even imagining an emotionless world doesn't complete the idea.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a nightmare

a world without music would be.
I am biased of course, as I am a musician, but I feel it is what sets us apart from the beasts, creating music and is the most fulfilling thing I can ever do with my time.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've gone like a year without listening to any music on occassion. These days danged near every old song reminds me of somebody dead or how crappy my days are now compared to when the song was new.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran