Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

He was from Florida but he played Cowboys in Dallas dam near every weekend. Another sad case of alcohol and meth. They said when his wife died he drank himself to death.:(:(
Gary's family was originally from Kentucky, but settled in my hometown of Ft. Pierce. Tragic family, when I worked as a gopher for a local funeral home during college, we took care of his sister Griselda after she commited suicide. I remember seeing flower arrangements from the likes of Willie and Waylon and other country stars.
It is true, the loss of his wife did him in, but he was on a downward trajectory most of his life.

Winston Carter

Practically Family
Gary's family was originally from Kentucky, but settled in my hometown of Ft. Pierce. Tragic family, when I worked as a gopher for a local funeral home during college, we took care of his sister Griselda after she commited suicide. I remember seeing flower arrangements from the likes of Willie and Waylon and other country stars.
It is true, the loss of his wife did him in, but he was on a downward trajectory most of his life.
Yeah I have read he had all his windows in his trailer blacked out. When he wasn't on the road he was pretty much a recluse living off of speed, downers, and alcohol. Every time he would almost hit it big he would self destruct. 1 month after his wife's death he shot his self in the throat. He and his wife would fight like crazy but were devoted to each other. Sad story of a talented man much better than most Nashville phony's.

Yeah I have read he had all his windows in his trailer blacked out. When he wasn't on the road he was pretty much a recluse living off of speed, downers, and alcohol. Every time he would almost hit it big he would self destruct. 1 month after his wife's death he shot his self in the throat. He and his wife would fight like crazy but were devoted to each other. Sad story of a talented man much better than most Nashville phony's.
One of a long list of talented entertainers with tragic lives, lost to us too soon.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Another great song writer musician that lived on the dark side that really never got recognized.

Townes was a fantastic song writer, indeed. He reminds me somewhat of Kris Kristofferson in that I think he is a better writer than a singer, but he still sings better than I can! ;)

One of my favorites of his is "Pancho and Lefty", especially as done by Emmylou Harris. I saw a video clip one time of him telling a story about being pulled over by a pair of police officers that claimed they were known as "Pancho and Lefty", but the white guy was Pancho and the Hispanic guy was Lefty. This was after the song had become fairly well known. It's a pretty funny story as he tells it; I'll have to look that up again. He seemed to be a real character.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Happy (belated) Birthday Billy (12/16/1949) ...

d881c0e2cdc2c643738dac0483fb97da--billy-gibbons-zz-top.jpg
th
th
th

"the most terrifying thing that ever happened to me was Keith Moon decided he liked me"
- Joe Walsh

50295370-1893968954042840-2452981394704433152-n.jpg
"Nobody played better than Keith Moon. I always tell people, 30% of what you've heard about me is true. Or Marilyn Manson, or Ozzy Osbourne. Everything you've ever heard about Keith Moon is true...and you've only heard 1/10th of it." - Alice Cooper

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I happened to catch singer Webb Wilder on a PBS show a few days ago.
The hat in the pictures and video is his Buckaroo Hatters custom.

WEBB_WILDER_MORE-300x300.jpg

WebbWilder2-199x300.jpg

Thanks for posting. Webb Wilder's song -Human Cannonball is truly one of my favorites. Amusing lyrics and driving music. When I need music to push me thru a long run I let the song play on my ear buds. Great driving song!

Listening this morning and feeling the urge to head out for a run. Eric -

The Beatles Ozark connection: "Following their concert in Dallas, Texas on 18 September 1964, The Beatles were flown to a ranch in Missouri for a rest day. The aeroplane belonged to Reed Pigman, who also owned a ranch in Alton, Missouri. The Beatles used the ranch as a hideaway prior to a trip to New York for the final concert of their first US tour."

The_Beatles_Pigman_Ranch_1964_1.jpg

The_Beatles_Pigman_Ranch_1964_2.jpg

The_Beatles_Pigman_Ranch_1964_3.jpg

The_Beatles_Pigman_Ranch_1964_4.jpg

The_Beatles_Pigman_Ranch_1964_5.jpg

There was still a bit of an Ozark connection in the mid-1970s.

Paul_Linda_McCartney_Daredevils_Shirt.jpg

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
The Beatles Ozark connection: "Following their concert in Dallas, Texas on 18 September 1964, The Beatles were flown to a ranch in Missouri for a rest day. The aeroplane belonged to Reed Pigman, who also owned a ranch in Alton, Missouri. The Beatles used the ranch as a hideaway prior to a trip to New York for the final concert of their first US tour."

View attachment 156977

View attachment 156978
View attachment 156979

View attachment 156980

View attachment 156981

There was still a bit of an Ozark connection in the mid-1970s.

View attachment 156982
That is cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW