Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Mose Allison

MI0001325339.jpg
strangely I learned of Mose via the Who playing Young Man Blues

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
A few of the Jazz Greats who are always sharp dressers...
Roy Haynes used to always be on Esquire Magazine's 10 Best dressed list aswell as on their Favorite Jazz Musician List: View attachment 67275

on of the greatest ever

Roy is one of the rare greats who never learned rudiments or any of the conventional drumming foundational methods ... just played music

his ride cymbal sound on Now He Sings Now He Sobs is something I still chase ... as do many drummers

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
on of the greatest ever

Roy is one of the rare greats who never learned rudiments or any of the conventional drumming foundational methods ... just played music

his ride cymbal sound on Now He Sings Now He Sobs is something I still chase ... as do many drummers
I hear that....."The "Truth" will always be contemporary..." Johnny Coles

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've been listening to them a lot lately as I convalesce & for me it would be Kashmir followed by Stairway...
I could never tire of Zeppelin ... I absolutely love everything they have ever touched

where I feel they have no weak material ... in my opinion Presence is the least strong record ... and their most complete and strongest record is the 4th what became known as "Zoso"

although Houses of the Holy will always have my heart

but if I had to pick one tune .. gun to my head ... Out on the Tiles off III
just so killer

all of those records are so implanted and imprinted in my brain that I do not even have to put them on to hear them

safetyfast

One of the Regulars
I prefer the early days - as much as I dig them, the silliness gets in the way of the music for me sometime - so good thing I listen to them mostly on vinyl still. Their Eliminator Tour was my first legit rock concert and even then I didn't like their direction as much as their first several albums. The Legs video was sure something at the time, but the sound was too pop for me. Anyhow, back on track with some hats:
View attachment 66323 View attachment 66326
View attachment 66324
View attachment 66325

Wow! Two shots of Billy hatless. The funny thing is it looks like he couldn't even grow a full beard in one of those photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy