Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
2483628C-B99D-4DC8-8C0E-07E2EAE05814.jpeg
R.I.P. Don Edwards

Okay, he wasn’t really a hat guy and I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but Lou Reed has, more than any other artist, provided the soundtrack for my life (and still does). View attachment 460424 He died this day in 2013. He’s the only celebrity whose death ever drew a tear from my eye. View attachment 460420
And they allow you to influence young minds. I’m fearful for the youth of Japan, Shoe. Doo do doo.

The Shoe

One Too Many

The intro to Sweet Jane is Epic @The Shoe!!
B
Yep. Love that one.
And they allow you to influence young minds. I’m fearful for the youth of Japan, Shoe. Doo do doo.
Ha! Way back before I got my private school job, I used to travel around teaching at several different public schools - a different school each day. At one of the schools, a home room teacher had heard I liked blues music. He asked me (in front of his primary school class) who my favourite band was, expecting me to say a blues band. I said The Velvet Underground, thinking he wouldn’t know them. Well, he jumped around the classroom excitedly before turning to the kids and saying something like “You know, The Velvet Underground! The banana album! Heroin!”. He had a record player in his classroom (surely my memory is failing me and it was a CD player) and often played them that album. Now, I doubt he explained the meaning of Heroin or I’m Waiting for my Man or Venus in Furs etc, but even I would think twice about playing it to a bunch of 10 year olds.
I’m just imagining mums saying “so what did you learn at school today, Kenji?”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff