Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must-See: "The Little Foxes", TCM, April & May

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Folks, just saw a new/old Must-See movie from TCM last night (VCR) - if you haven't seen it yet, make a note, its GREAT, in a "Citizen Kane" or "Magnificent Ambersons" kind of way (I think) :eusa_clap

Times are Eastern; check tcm for your zone
"The Little Foxes"

CAST: Bette Davis, Herbert Marshall, Teresa Wright.
An ambitious woman takes on her corrupt brothers and honest husband in her drive for wealth. BW 116 mins.
Drama. D: William Wyler.

PLAYING ON TCM: 04/05/2007 02:30:00 PM

PLAYING ON TCM: 05/19/2007 12:45:00 AM
---------------------

Why- All I can say is... watched tons of Golden Era movies, and this is one of those one-of-a-kinds... (and, on the TCM showing, there were two screenfuls of all the oscar nominations) (and Theresa Wright is Just, Too, Cute, trying to play a little girl at age 21 :D ) also on DVD

- C H

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Definitely a great movie. As much as I love William Wyler's direction (what an incredible set of films he made!), it's also worth nothing that it was written by Lillian Hellman.

There's also a nearly as good prequel that was made a few years later - "Another Part of the Forest". It's a must-see if you like "The Little Foxes".

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Doctor Strange said:
There's also a nearly as good prequel that was made a few years later - "Another Part of the Forest". It's a must-see if you like "The Little Foxes".
Thanks! will look for it.
- C H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda